cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Typo on Portal?

Not applicable

Typo on Portal?

Just logged on to the In-Laws account to see about an 'Upgrade' (moving from legacy PAYG basic to current BBYW1)
Same cost, payment options will be the same etc.
In order to upgrade, it seems I have to add card details, dunno why, I'll attept to establish that seperately. (Why do you need card details that you will never use, in order to process a no cost upgrade?)
Anyway, back to the point of this thread.
A message that appears thus;
(PN's red, my bold)
Credit Card Details

In order to upgrade your account, you need to provide us with credit card details. You will still be billed by DD, and this card will provide a secondery method of payment
Switch / Maestro payments - If you choose to pay for your subscription with a Switch / Maestro debit card, you will need to authorise each individual payment before it can be taken from your account. This is done via the My section of the Portal, and we will also remind you by email before each payment is due.  

Is there a word missing between the two enboldened words?
Shouldn't it say "....My Account section...."?
12 REPLIES 12
Mark
Grafter

Re: Typo on Portal?

Yip.
Thanks for pointing out James. I'll flag this to PJ.
petejackson
Grafter

Quote from: Mark
Yip.
Thanks for pointing out James. I'll flag this to PJ.

No flagging required.. I've just read this..  Oh dear oh dear..
paulby
Grafter

this card will provide a secondery method of payment

Assuming this isn't a James_H typo and is what actually appears on the Portal, then "secondery" should be spelt "secondary".
petejackson
Grafter

Quote from: James_H
Cool, now thats sorted, I'll hit you with another one!
Why do you want card details for a change of account which won't require any extra fee.
In this specific case, the change is to an identical cost product, I presume a similar issue may have arisen if I were moving to a cheaper product from a more expensive one (say a legacy package)
Surely the ideal situation is for the process to run through, allowing a customer to specify the account type they want to change to, at which point some rudimentary mathematics ought to allow the system to process the change without requiring card details for a one off payment if no one off payment is required. This would be more useful than requesting card details that you don't need, just in case you do need them one day?

I take your point, clearly you are correct, however I *can* process content fixes and spelling errors quickly.  To strip out the requirement to refresh payment details will involve rewrites to the upgrade code itself.  In that regard it's out of the scope of my problem fix today and I'll raise that as a separate problem to the ADD for their investigation.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
The only reason I can think of that would mean card details are required is if the system thinks a regrade is required too. If you'd care to PM me the username I can confirm that or raise a problem.
On a slightly different note, we are shortly upgrading customers automatically from Basic to BBYW Option 1, and your in-laws should have received an email on Friday to this effect. Can you confirm this James?
Mand
Grafter

Hi James,
I've had a look and I can't find any broadband account with the username mjones.
Can you PM me the CLI and I'll check this for you.
Mand
Grafter

Never mind, found it. Smiley
I've sent you a PM with the email address we sent the email to.
I can see the account has now been changed over for you in any case. 
James
Grafter

About as ironic as if you used "wrongly" in that context in a thread about English Language?
Colin
Grafter

BTW, the typo fix for this is awaiting Change Control for rolling live.
RobDickson
Grafter

All these comments about grammar and spelling. Hasn't anybody noticed the lack of an apostrophe in JamesH's first post?
http://www.robdickson.co.uk/Moans/BadEnglish/UsingAnApostrophe.php
James
Grafter

Nice spot Smiley
RobDickson
Grafter

I try to keep my mouth shut about bad grammar on forums, but this needed pointing out.
I still don't get e-mails telling me about replies to threads that I've registered an interest in though.