cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turning Broadband of at night

Ahlfamily

Turning Broadband of at night

Does anyone know how we can stop Broadband working at night. My son is on his screen until 2am and we would like to know If we can stop all broadband to the house, I don’t want to unplug the router as it causes hassle.

3 REPLIES 3
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Re: Turning Broadband of at night

@Ahlfamily wrote:

Does anyone know how we can stop Broadband working at night. My son is on his screen until 2am and we would like to know If we can stop all broadband to the house, I don’t want to unplug the router as it causes hassle.

Some routers have a facility for setting on and off times for internet access.

Some routers have the facility to drop the internet access while remaining powered up.

Switching on and off too often can cause problems, but off at night and on in the morning once a day should be OK.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

@Ahlfamily  assuming you have the standard PlusNet Hub zero (likely if your on an ADSL connection) then you can use the Access control settings on the router to limit access either to all or limited devices. See this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/ADSL-Broadband/access-control/m-p/1701659.

This does assume that your son isnt savvy enough ( and doesnt have access to the router admin password! ) to turn it back on again.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Lysen
Grafter

You'll have to identify the MAC addresses of every device in the house to find out which ones you want the block applied to, because the awful Hub Zero doesn't resolve MAC addresses properly -- meaning device names like Steve's Laptop, or Android A5 don't show up as that, but as "unknowndevice;a4:4e:22:ff:01:8b".