cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to use a BT Voyager 190 to connect my TP Link Router to Plusnet Broadband

lizturner

Trying to use a BT Voyager 190 to connect my TP Link Router to Plusnet Broadband

Hi, I am trying to use a BT Voyager 190 ADSL Modem to create a brodband connection to my WAN TP link router.
I have changed the firmware on the BT Voyager and it still refuses to connect to the Plusnet Broadband.
This is all too try and improve my NAT type for the playstation 3.  I have tried to set my plusnet thomson router to bridge mode with no luck.
As a last resort anyone know what internet providers can supply a WAN connection as standard?
Any help would be greatly recieved, Thanks in advanced!
1 REPLY
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Trying to use a BT Voyager 190 to connect my TP Link Router to Plusnet Broadband

Hi there, re bridge mode on the 582n, have you tried npr's instructions at http://npr.me.uk/nbridge.html? Worth a look (scroll down past the O2 router section). Sorry if you have. Can't really advise about the 190 though.
As for a WAN connection, you'd need either a Fibre line or to move to a cable provider to get that rather than DSL, hope that helps.