Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trinitarian broadband!!!

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Trinitarian broadband!!!

Yes, I've already made them, the line is banded. I've already commented on when it would be best to switch off, or at least switch back on, but taking Jaggies comment on board (quite right), it should be after the upstream has been uncapped as well.
With regard to the errors, 3 CRC errors in nearly 6 hours suggests things look pretty good.
LOF, LOS and ES are not reset without a power off or reboot. Disconnect PPP & Power off is better because the line will (presumably) be in training when this is carried out.
avodat
Grafter

Townman - yes, that last drop was by the engineer. Internet is certainly faster now when the browser boots up - Firefox used to constantly show a comment that it is slow to load 🙂
I'm sure Adam will get a report on the result of the engineer's visit (or at least I hope he does).
Cruise85
Grafter

Hi avodat
It good to see that your connection now appears to be running much smoother and that the engineer attended to complete the work as requested.
I will ask Adam to pick up the PM and get the engineer notes for you, and if the line appears stable, then we can certainly arrange the line reset for you
Kind regards
Matt
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good afternoon all,
I'm glad to hear that the engineer arrived and made some significant changes for you Avodat, hopefully the new internal wiring and socked should give us a leg up with the performance of the line as well as ridding it of the pesky drops you were seeing. At the moment things seem pretty stable and very promising however I haven't been able to find any reference to the drop wire being replaced (even though I asked for this) so I guess we can't be too sure if this went ahead at the moment.
I've just finished testing the line and as AO has pointed out, it appears that the connection is both banded (the line is banded to 7M to 14M at present) and Interleaved so I think we should see how things look after a quick reset and allow it to settle a little. Once this has been done we can then look at uncapping the upload speed as Jaggies has mentioned.
Hopefully we should see the banding, interleaving and SNR reset within the next 24 hours and then I would hope that everything remains stable so we can move on to the uncapping. Once the change has gone through you may need to log into your router and disconnect/reconnect in order to pick any new profile shifts just in case this doesn't happen of it's own accord.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Avodat,
What to expect... One or more losses of xDSL which should result in a higher synch rate.  Sometime after that you will see a loss of PPP to pick up the new speed profile from PlusNET.
After you have seen the speed improvement, please can you do a BT wholesale speed test, further diagnostics section and paste the results here, along with the then current modem stats.
Hopefully we will be able to confirm that things are indeed much better.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.