cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring from Metronet to Plusnet while over allowance

steve-m-c

Transferring from Metronet to Plusnet while over allowance

Somehow I've managed to download and install a plugin for media centre that very quickly used up all my bandwidth allowance on my Metronet account (I've since removed the software!). As a result I'm currently on the 'traffic-shaped' naughty-list  Roll_eyes
Before I realised what was causing the issue I'd already decided that I wanted to transfer to Plusnet, and actually have a transfer order in progress at the moment. I've read elsewhere on these forums that the transfer usually takes place at the end of a billing month. Is that always the case, or can it be changed? I'm prepared to wait if I have to, but seeing as my next payment isn't due until the 13th of May, it's a fair old time to be stuck at 128Kbps  Undecided
Stephen
1 REPLY 1
Mand
Grafter

Re: Transferring from Metronet to Plusnet while over allowance

Hi there,
If there's a transfer request in progress we'll continue with that and change you over as soon as we can. Obviously any additional charges for exceeding the bandwidth whilst still on Metronet will still apply, but at least you won't be stuck at 128k for the next 3 weeks. Smiley