Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer to 21C Network/REIN Problem [RESOLVED]

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Transfer to 21C Network

Have you tried to see what you can pick upon your MW radio yet?
gtowen
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

The fans stopped about 10 mins ago and the errors disappeared so there's definitely a correlation there, whether it is the fans or other equipment getting switched on or off I cannot tell. I've got a cheap radio and tuned in as close to 612khz as possible, the scale is not exactly accurate, and there is interference coming from the direction of the take away but thats the best I can tell. Sad
Anotherone
Champion

It doesn't have to be 612kHz exactly, you tune it to where the interference is strongest. The frequency the noise may be at, will depend on the particular item causing the noise and it's also possible for it to vary a bit. Have a re-read of my reply #64 especially about identifying "background noise" as distinct from the interference.
gtowen
Rising Star

I'll try again first thing in the morning before the fans start
gtowen
Rising Star

The plot thickens and my frustration increases Sad  Went to set up the radio this morning only to discover the interference was already showing on dslstats. No fans on at the time. SNRM dropped from 12 to 8.9db while FEC errors gone thru the roof.  Will wait till these stop and try again Sad
Anotherone
Champion

Still worth having a tune up and down the band and making a note of the frequencies where there is strong interference and then seeing what disappears when the SNRM recovers. Then you'll know what to listen for and roughly where.
gtowen
Rising Star

Well whatever is causing the problem has finally gone supanova tonight. No fans running atm, take aways all shut up for the night and both FEC and CRC graphs have redlined at the top of the graphs and are stuck there. Plus even HEC errors are on the rampage Sad
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 107,458,386
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 85,650 / 815,185
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 28,788 / 681,276
[Edit]
15 minutes later
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 116,707,154
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 93,069 / 886,262
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 31,249 / 735,755
Anotherone
Champion

Are you keeping a log (as best you can) of when the interference starts and stops each day? That will be significant not only from the point of further investigation, but a pattern may emerge which could help narrow down potential causes.
gtowen
Rising Star

DSLstats is running all the time, otherwise I'm not keeping alog as such apart from a record when I do a speedtest. At the moment I'm not really getting anywhere with the radio and both CRC and FEC errors are flat-lined at the top of the graph Sad
I've powered down the router and reconnected this morning, these are the error stats for 30 minutes uptime
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 1,735 / 1
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 14,405,061
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 15,981 / 110,972
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 5,523 / 161,962
rhohne
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Quote from: gtowen
both CRC and FEC errors are flat-lined at the top of the graph

This implies that your values are greater than the current Y Axis clipping level. The default options are to have clipping enabled and a relatively low clipping level.
Have you tried unchecking the "Enable Clipping" or checking the "Logarithmic Y Axis" options
gtowen
Rising Star

Thank you rhohne, I do realise that and can disable the clipping if I so wish. I only mentioned it as a flatline to indicate the errors been recorded are high and not coming down.
I've just disabled clipping to see how high the figures are and included the graphs Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

Hmm, that's pretty damned attrocious, but not quite as bad as last night! I'll give you a suggested response to that ticket a little later.
gtowen
Rising Star

Got a reply from PN today to my ticket  #70971452 where once again they claim there's no problem when they tested my line this morning. Perhaps they could do their tests again now as the interference has just started up again....... see graphs.
[Edit]  Just noticed something weird, previously whenever the interference appeared, the FEC and CRC errors would go through the roof. At the same time SNRM would dip sometimes from 12 to as low as 10.5. At the moment the SNRM is steady at about 12.1
gtowen
Rising Star

[Update] While the interference has not completely disappeared the errors seem to have calmed down over the weekend. An SNRM reset might work now.
Anotherone
Champion

It may have calmed down at this moment, but unless the problem source has actually been fixed, it will return and you'll be going round in circles.
Without seeing the precise wording on the last ticket response, if it's more or less as you say, I think I'd put a reply on the ticket something along the lines of the following -
I don't think you fully understand what is going on here. I have already provided some evidence and detail of the Interference that is periodically happening to my line ie REIN, albeit a slight misuse of the term as it isn't strictly Impulse, but it's the term everybody uses for Interference.
As it's not present all the time, then of course if you test the line when there is No Interference active then you will not find a particular problem. But as it would appear from one of your previous responses, that you don't seem to have even checked the recent Line and DLM history, I'm not surprised that you continue to claim there is nothing wrong.
If you investigated properly you would be aware of all the disconnects that I'd been suffering similar to those shown on a vis radius posted by Chris Purvey in one of my forum threads, and the fact tha my Target SNRM went from 6dB to 12dB in a matter of days.
As you can see from recent Modem/Router stats attached, it doesn't take a genius with a calculator to see the huge error rate when the interference is present. This makes the connection virtually unusable.
Please pass this ticket to someone who knows how to investigate these issues properly.
In addition to the basic facts, as I'm not a telephone engineer, it's only as a result of my current forum thread that I've discovered the Openreach did a substandard job of reconnection this line 2 years ago and there are issue with the external cable and some internal cable they installed which is not to the correct CW1308 standard and will be contributing to these problem. This matter needs to be taken up with Openreach.

I'd attach/insert the stats from reply #96 also, even if you have done before.
Edit: And those from reply #98 as well