cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer From a Sky LLU customer to Plus Net

Johnelf

Transfer From a Sky LLU customer to Plus Net

Hi
I am currently with Sky Fibre and Phone on one of there LLU exchanges.
As my year is up, and you have a superb offer, I tried to transfer my business to you, in which I would benefit from increased speed at your competitive rates.
It appears that due to system incompataties, you cannot transfer any existing Sky Fibre LLU customer to you. At the moment the only option is to cancel my broadband for two weeks with sky, why you then set up a new phone, then fibre after.
Pity there is no mention of this anywhere on your web site and currently my transfer, is in a state of limbo, until the position changes, which could be months I understand.
John  Crazy
5 REPLIES 5
dannystokie
Grafter

Re: Transfer From a Sky LLU customer to Plus Net

I've just transferred from Sky, which went weirdly to say the least, all be it without any problems in the end.
I was on their Easynet network (despite having BB, Phone and Line rental with them)  this was I assumed a lot easier to swap, but then the day before I was due to switch, they swapped my whole package over to LLU, i went mad at them but they said there wouldn't be a problem. Come Friday morning, everything was successfully swapped over, really strange.
I dont understand why they can't swap you over, i read they normally put in a SIm request when it is a LLU line.
Johnelf

Hi Danny
I was surprised, but had been previously alerted that it may be an issue on the Sky forums.
So at the moment I'm stuck with Sky Angry
I await a response here hopefully from the support staff, but not expecting a solution anytime soon.
John
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Unfortunately it's the fibre that's the issue - our supplier's systems won't let us migrate an LLU fibre service over to us. The two week delay is an ofcom requirement when migrating phone lines between providers I believe.
The only ways we're able to do this are either for the LLU fibre service to be cancelled, once that's done we can take over the phone line. Unfortunately though that will mean downtime. The other way would be for us to provide a new phone line with fibre, however that'd mean two phone lines being active at the same time which could potentially be very expensive.
We're liaising with our suppliers to get this resolved but it's not an easy fix unfortunately, we have no idea about when it might be resolved at present.
SpiritualBeggar
Grafter

@Johnelf.
If changing your phone number is not a problem, then the only way to swap over without any downtime, is to get a new line installed.
This was the only option left open for me when I wanted to leave Sky. My Plusnet activation was on the 3rd Apr 12. Prior to this, 4 days approx,
I cancelled my line and fibre with Sky 4 months into a renewed contract, (free of charge due to the congestion/slow throughput problems,).
The cancellation takes two weeks so I had two lines active for 8 days until the 11th Apr when my Sky line was ceased.
My Sky billing date is the 15th Apr 12, so I was actually credited for the last four days of line rental/broadband.
The bonus of this was that I now have a spare BTOR modem, oh, and a now unused BT socket sat next to my new one  Shocked
If you go down this route, just hope that the BT engineer does not cancel Wink
Johnelf

Many thanks for all the replies!
I am not up for changing my number, had this one many years.
Also my boys would lynch me if the had no broadband for any period.
If the number could be transferred only and PN provide ADSL service until fibre can be cancelled and re ordered would be a solution, but don't even think this is an option.
So I'm stuck with Sky for now as apparently so are a few thousand others.
John  Cry