cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Training Period

greshoff
Grafter

Training Period

Could a Plusnet staff member confirm that the training period on my line is now complete? Will rebooting my router occasionally have an impact on my speeds?
BTW speed test shows:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 17.1 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 4 Mbps-21 Mbps.
IP Profile for your line is - 18 Mbps
I am happy with my speeds but was wondering if there is anything I could do to get closer to  IP Profile for my line  - 18 Mbps
4 REPLIES 4
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Training Period

Your line is now out of the training period.
If you frequently reboot your router, the exchange equipment will think your line is dropping out and will band the lien which will result in lower speeds as explained here http://community.plus.net/library/broadband/broadband-faults-guide-banding-guide/ .
Your speeds are very good, I wouldn't expect to achieve much more from your line in my opinion.
greshoff
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, So the odd reboot will not have an impact. ie if I switch off the router if I am away for the weekend etc?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

That's right, that should be fine.
If you're rebooting a couple of times a day, that's when you start to see problems.
TORPC
Grafter

If you are only switching the router off 1 or 2 times a week then that will be fine
Depending on the time of day you switch you router back on you may decrease or increase speed slightly which is normal
For example to get the best sync for my area I have to switch on or reboot the router between 09:30 AM & 10;30 AM when all neighbors are out or in work Wink