cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE

It's affecting everyone, not just you. Please read the status update.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
dvorak

Quote from: puddy

so its not traffic management probelm if I can download at this speed or is it?

Puddy - the broadband speed test runs over http and isn't a download from a download site. The default profile, I suspect, has not rate limitations on http but throttles others greatly such as ftp / p2p/ newsgroups etc
Customer / Moderator
puddy
Grafter

Its just the point I cannot even read the status page
Are plusnet saying everybodY stuck at peak time speeds?
My account does not have any traffic shaping i am off peak 12am to 4pm and not gone over its limit or waiting for a bill to be paid
Yet my download speed shows

Can jojo clarify it for all us please?
Why my download speed so healthy if the service is on a go slow and sync still at 8128
Puddy
(jillweekes account)
sorry for the ping pong ball message adiewoo
did not mean to be rude you just beat me to it sorry
David_W
Rising Star

I think it's put everyone on the level 1 management level, can't watch Youtube nor Crunchyroll which I *can* do normally at peak hours unless I'm on level 1, I can usually watch Crunchyroll at 720p peak rate.  Can surf the web though, just can't do anything when I get there  Crazy
edgeways
Grafter

Re my previous post under the " Some websites timing out / very slow downloads" thread.
I do not understand why I should be affected by the traffic management issue as my account is PAYG with no restrictions.
Can anyone enlighten me please ?
Mike (edgeways
dvorak

Because it would seem that everyone has been put on a default profile, especially if you have reconnected since 9PM last night
Customer / Moderator
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI puddy,
Quote from: Joanne
the service status says, "Our traffic management platforms are 'frozen' at 9.00pm last night. Any traffic management restrictions that were applied to your account at this time of the evening will still be in place now.

so even though you are currently during your off peak time your restrictions that were in place at 9pm last night will still apply.
Jojo Smiley
puddy
Grafter

I am only trying to view normal web pages and have never used p2p and am not downloading any files yet its still slow going

seems everything effected
Puddy
thanks for the reply jojo
pierre_pierre
Grafter

for those who seem to be able to get here and moan but cant get the service status, here it is
View My Usage / Traffic Management system (64987)- UPDATE
Broadband
Posted on: Monday 20 December 2010, 11:23
This is an update to this morning's post about the problems we've been experiencing with our traffic management platform.
At approximately 9pm last night one of our databases suffered a disk failure which has caused a number of problems that may be affecting customers.
* Broadband usage for the last 12 hours or so may not be showing when checking the usage reporting tool available on our website.
* Our traffic management platforms are 'frozen' at 9.00pm last night. Any traffic management restrictions that were applied to your account at this time of the evening will still be in place now.
* If you've disconnected/reconnected between 9.00pm last night and now then you will have been assigned a 'default traffic management profile' from 9.00pm last night. This profile heavily restricts time sensitive activities such as Peer-to-Peer filesharing and Binary Usenet. It may also affect the use of some high-definition streaming services and download sites/servers.
* If your traffic is restricted due to exceeding your monthly allowance, and you are due to be billed today, then the restrictions are unlikely to be removed until the underlying cause of the problem is resolved.
* If your account has entered failed billing then you may be having difficulty making a payment and lifting the billing restrictions.
Only if you're in failed billing should you try disconnecting and reconnecting if you're having difficulty getting online after making a late payment.
In all other circumstances we recommend that you *avoid disconnecting/reconnecting* as you're likely to make the situation worse if you do.
We would like to apologise for the inconvenience and will post another update this afternoon.
Kind regards,
Bob Pullen
Customer Support
Return to Index
adele
Grafter

Quote from: adiewoo
It's affecting everyone, not just you. Please read the status update.

The status update says
"Our traffic management platforms are 'frozen' at 9.00pm last night. Any traffic management restrictions that were applied to your account at this time of the evening will still be in place now.
If you've disconnected/reconnected between 9.00pm last night and now then you will have been assigned a 'default traffic management profile' from 9.00pm last night. This profile heavily restricts time sensitive activities such as Peer-to-Peer filesharing and Binary Usenet. It may also affect the use of some high-definition streaming services and download sites/servers.
If your traffic is restricted due to exceeding your monthly allowance, and you are due to be billed today, then the restrictions are unlikely to be removed until the underlying cause of the problem is resolved."

That doesn't affect everyone. I appreciate hardware faults are beyond plusnets control but according to the service status not everyone should be affected.
Unless the problem is bigger than plusnet are admitting in which case honesty would be appreciated and a greater understanding from paying customers might be more forthcoming

dvorak

Actually it does affect everyone
"Our traffic management platforms are 'frozen' at 9.00pm last night. Any traffic management restrictions that were applied to your account at this time of the evening will still be in place now.

As every account has a traffic management profile of some description, just that Pro / PAYG profile is full throttle 24/7. Unless those users have disconnected / connected since 9PM last night.
Customer / Moderator
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: edgeways
I do not understand why I should be affected by the traffic management issue as my account is PAYG with no restrictions.

[quote=service status]* If you've disconnected/reconnected between 9.00pm last night and now then you will have been assigned a 'default traffic management profile' from 9.00pm last night. This profile heavily restricts time sensitive activities such as Peer-to-Peer filesharing and Binary Usenet. It may also affect the use of some high-definition streaming services and download sites/servers.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: puddy
I am only trying to view normal web pages and have never used p2p and am not downloading any files yet its still slow going

seems everything effected
Puddy
thanks for the reply jojo

Hi Puddy, I refer you again to the post I made earlier
Jojo Smiley
AB55
Grafter

ahh. I thought this might be my adsl2+ changeover but it seems not perhaps  Grin One of those things I guess.
adagio
Grafter

I too am suffering nntp throttling. ~320 kbps at 14.50. I am on Option 3 and should be NR until 16.00. plusnet download speed test a perfectly respectable (for my line) 2200 kbps.