cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Totally confused on upgrade pricing!

LynnpinABS
Grafter

Totally confused on upgrade pricing!

I have broadband and was thinking of upgrading to phone as well.  Has anyone ever tried to get a price for this?  It is so confusing.  Maybe someone could give me an answer here please?
I see that the broadband packages have all changed now as well.  I am on 10Gb a month but this seems to be no longer available - so that is another question amongst all the confusion - would I be upgraded to Unlimited if I took a phone as well or would it still remain capped at 10Gb? Huh
Please note this is for residential not business.  I was still logged in elsewhere.
7 REPLIES 7
DanHodby
Grafter

Re: Totally confused on upgrade pricing!

Hi LynnpinABS,
Pricing depends on your market area and if your phone is with us. Any chance you can PM me your residential account username and I'll get your some prices.
Dan
LynnpinABS
Grafter

PM sent.
Still can't fathom out why it is not possible to get a price on your website to upgrade from broadband to broadband and phone.  It would seem like an obvious search  to make for lots of broadband only customers.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

It is a problem because adding the phone - the cost of which is fairly clear - knocks £2,50 off the broadband price and the effect of that could be that the existing broadband discounts could get removed and this can't be done via the automatic system I believe
To answer the question - partly - the line rental is given here https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/ and the extra costs for other options are given by clicking on Show Details and Upgrade Call Plan
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Yes Jim I've seen the Show Details and Upgrade Call Plan but this leaves me no further forward unless I go on to "Start Your Order".  Clicking this brings you to the "Product Change" page which is obviously not appropriate as I haven't decided to go ahead yet, nor have I got any idea of the upgrade price involved!  Totally ridiculous and confusing.
chenks76
All Star
Fixes: 12

as has been said - phone up and they'll give you the costing.
ridiculous - possibly
confusing - no
LynnpinABS
Grafter

Quote from: Dan

1. Pricing depends on your market area and if your phone is with us. Any chance you can PM me your residential account username and I'll get your some prices.
2. I've taken a look at the member center, it seems you can go through the product change and add phone.  If you click on 'change products' this should take you through the process.

Dan thanks for your PM (2. above), but you seem to be missing the point.  I know I can do that but I want to know the cost before I get to that stage.  If I carried on with this it would change my account and add a phone line.
daveplus
Pro
Fixes: 10

The change process will give you a price but not actually change anything until you accept.
Dave