cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To scared or lazy to extend your cables?

BRABUS
Grafter

To scared or lazy to extend your cables?

I have been doing a lot of research and asking loads of questions on this topic lately and it set me thinking.
I was just wondering if people are too scared or too lazy (well watching the olympics more like Smiley ) to extend the data cable for the fibre modem, is this something that PN can offer as a srvice via the BT Openreach engineer to people when they sign up.  I noticed in some old BT fibre trial stuff that BT offered it.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: To scared or lazy to extend your cables?

As part of the fibre signup and upgrade process we offer a data extension kit which is up to 30m.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
BRABUS
Grafter

Can you give some more details please Chris.  What does it cost etc.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

There's not much to tell other than what Chris has mentioned. If requested the data socket can be installed up to 30m away from the master socket.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Thanks Adam.  The way I read it, it wasn't clear if this is a kit that extends just the data cable and also if BT Openreach install it or if we have to.
Father-in-law would have a kitten if he had to try to do it  Grin Grin
James
Grafter

Brabus,
It's only an option when the engineer actually installs the Fibre.
We wouldn't be able to do it after that point without a call out charge (I don't know what this would be, sorry!).
BRABUS
Grafter

Cheers James.  My in-laws fibre isnt for another 349.6824222 hours so it should be OK.  Not that they are counting LOL
I started this thread as I thought it would help other people with data extensions.  It turns out it help us out as weel - RESULT  Cool