cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To Interleave! Or not Interleave! That! Is the question!

Ado16
Grafter

To Interleave! Or not Interleave! That! Is the question!

Hello folks.
Had a curious email this weekend saying:
"We have asked our wholesale broadband suppliers to turn interleaving off at your request.
The stability of your service may suffer as a result of turning interleaving off. If you have problems and want to turn interleaving back on, you will need to use the Broadband Fault Checker at our website
Interleaving usually takes 24 hours to turn off, but can take up to 5 days to take effect."

I know what it does - because I've looked it up!  Smiley
I've spoken to Customer Services who didn't really know why it's actually been switched off - though they did suggest that as there have been improvements made to telephone lines locally, we may not actually need it any more anyway.
All this has happened whilst switching from the Value service to Essentials, or the other way round, I can't remember!
Extra enlightenment would be interesting from a geeky point of view!
4 REPLIES 4
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: To Interleave! Or not Interleave! That! Is the question!

Despite what the message says you won't have requested this, the message is a strange by-product of the product change from Value to Essentials. I'm uncertain whether the change will actually have been ordered, or if it's just a message that the system decided to issue. Huh
David
Ado16
Grafter

Ah! "The System". 
We're all victims of that!  Undecided
Thanks.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
An order has gone through to apply interleaving. This can actually be quite helpful in a lot of cases but if you do notice any ill effects since that change just let us know and we'll remove it for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Ado16
Grafter

It's all rather intriguing really! I didn't even know I had it in the first place to lose it in the first place! Smiley