cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali migration offer

Denzil
Grafter

Tiscali migration offer

The links for this here point to http://www.plus.net/latest_offers, but it gets redirected to the main page. What has happened? I know a couple of people on Tiscali and might want to let them know about it, but can't if the link doesn't work!
17 REPLIES 17
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Re: Tiscali migration offer

Does it work from a Tiscali IP address?
StephenF
Grafter

Tiscali Offer

hi!
i am planning to refer a friend of mine to plusnet from tiscali, we plan to take advantage of the tiscali offer available on your community news page. however, during the sign up process, there is no field to enter the "tiscali" code stated on the news page to take advantage of the offer.
"Tell your friends to enter our special code ’tiscali’ when they register via this page they’ll get their first 3 months free too."
this is what it says, id like to know were to enter it, as when i click the link at the end of the scentence, it just takes me to your homepage which is no use whatsoever!
thanks in advance
StephenF
Grafter

Re: Tiscali Offer

also, i would like to add to my question, my friend would like to know what would happen if they exceed the 80gb limit?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Tiscali Offer

you get charged at £2 per 2GB
Oldjim
Resting Legend

jim:post topics merged and flagged up for a rep on Monday mod:end
prichardson
Grafter

When you visit the latest offers page and proceed through signup, it informs you that you will need to provide the offer code on the payment information screen. This message should be displayed in green prior to entering the telephone number and postcode.
The box for the promotional code is on the payment details page below the cost summary, but above the payment details themselves.
I have just run through signup to ensure both of these are present.
Denzil
Grafter

But that's the point - the latest offers link doesn't go to the latest offers page, just the homepage Smiley
StephenF
Grafter

£2 for every 2gb over the limit is disgusting. might i suggest a balancing type method, if you use 5 gigs extra 1 month, you get 5 gigs less the next, and so on. would be much better than  being charged ridiculous amounts of money for small amounts over the limit
since i told my friend who i was referring about your £2 per 2gb system, they are put off and considering staying with tiscali.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: StephenF
£2 for every 2gb over the limit is disgusting. might i suggest a balancing type method, if you use 5 gigs extra 1 month, you get 5 gigs less the next, and so on. would be much better than  being charged ridiculous amounts of money for small amounts over the limit

The products are priced on the basis that a lot of users will not use the full allowance each month. If they did as you suggest the basic price would have to go up.
since i told my friend who i was referring about your £2 per 2gb system, they are put off and considering staying with tiscali.

It's that it's such big chunks of extra usage that is the killer. It wouldn't be nearly as bad if it was £1 per 1GB.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Denzil
Grafter

80GB is quite a big limit, though. Most users won't get anywhere near that. Also, any useage between midnight and 8am is not counted, so large downloads could be scheduled for those times.
Notice also what Tiscali's Fair Use Policy says,
Customers on Tiscali MAX Unlimited products, downloading well in excess of 100GB a month are likely to be impacted by the Fair Usage Policy. ... If you are affected, we will contact you by email to let you know that your usage at peak hours is excessive and is affecting other customers. The email will be sent to both your Tiscali email address and your contact email address (if different) and will contain simple advice on how to reduce your usage. If your usage is still excessive, we will contact you again to ask you to reduce your usage during peak hours. If your usage still remains excessively high, we will contact you a third time to advise you that we will be reducing your capability to consume bandwidth at times of congestion.

So it is unlimited, as long as you stick to 100GB  Wink
StephenF
Grafter

dont get me wrong, i understand the fair usage stuff with pnet, and i understand that most average users wont exceed the limit, but you try telling my fiances parents that (my references). they are already frightened to jump into a limited connection, nevermind one were they are going to get charged extortionate prices if they do go over it!
Oldjim
Resting Legend

In order to get round the potential problem of extra costs they can put in a cost limit and once reached the speeds are heavily restricted but internet access is maintained.
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/res_broadband_faq.shtml#overAllowance
14. What happens if I go over my monthly usage allowance?
An extra 2GB will be added to your allowance for the month. This costs £2 which will be added to your next bill.
To control how much you spend per month, use the Data Transfer Watch tool to set the maximum amount you want to spend each month.
Note: If you hit the limit set in the Data Transfer Watch tool, your connection will be restricted at all times. These restrictions are removed on your next billing date or if you increase your transfer limit.
StephenF
Grafter

thanks m8, ill let them know, this should definitely make them convinced!
Denzil
Grafter

So the choice is PN with 80GB, and pay more if you go over, or Tiscali with slightly more at 100GB, but then you get nasty letters and a throttled connection. I know which I would choose Smiley
Back to the subject, is this link going to be fixed? It is a bit pointless offering an offer valid until the end of January if the link doesn't work!