cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali Wholesale Workers!!! LLU 6db Interleaved Profile

amjrobson
Grafter

Tiscali Wholesale Workers!!! LLU 6db Interleaved Profile

Do any of you know anyone that works for Tiscali Wholesale. I just want to try to find out why them have removed the option on LLU lines for a 6db Interleaved profile.
The reason I ask is that I was migrated to LLU about 2-3 years ago, initially was given the 12db Interleaved profile which halved my line speed. Way back then I raised a Ticket and Managed to get a 6db Interleaved profile put on my line.
It was workin nice a stable and reasonably fast 3500 download. Until there was an exchange problem the other week.
After this my line was reset to a 12db Interleaved profile.  I then raised a ticked asking for the 6db Interleaved profile to be put back on the line but all that was offered was a 6db Fast profile, the 6db Interleaved doesnt seem to be available any more.
Since being on fast and not interleaved I have noticed a few more line drops than normal at night, before the problem it was very stable.  Also when running on Interleaved my router used to be able to sync using ADSL2 and was albe to change the line speed without dropping the line.  Since the problems and the Fast profile my router is now not able to sync at ADSL2 any more.
I am just after so more info as to why Tiscali Wholesale have removed the 6db Interleaved option, does anyone know a way to get it back on, and get my router syncing with ADSL2 again.
Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Cheers
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Tiscali Wholesale Workers!!! LLU 6db Interleaved Profile

Quote from: amjrobson
Since being on fast and not interleaved I have noticed a few more line drops than normal at night, before the problem it was very stable.  Also when running on Interleaved my router used to be able to sync using ADSL2 and was albe to change the line speed without dropping the line.  Since the problems and the Fast profile my router is now not able to sync at ADSL2 any more.

Were you synchronising above 8Mbps before? We haven't any ADSL2+ profiles build into our systems but that's not to say that this wouldn't have been configured exchange side before action was taken to remedy your fault.
I am just after so more info as to why Tiscali Wholesale have removed the 6db Interleaved option, does anyone know a way to get it back on, and get my router syncing with ADSL2 again.

AFAIK they haven't. Tiscali themselves can tweak DSLAM attributes using a tool I believe they call NIMM (if memory serves me correctly). To begin with we were reliant on their LLU helpdesk to do this. We then asked them for an API though that we could interface directly from our CRM tools. The reason we haven't a 6db interleaved profile now is basically because we've never had one.
We could probably get in touch with Tiscali Wholesale's helpdesk if you like to see if there's anything they can do manually?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

amjrobson
Grafter

Bob,
Before my inital exchange problem I was syncing at around 3500.  Then after the exchange problem I was syncing at about 1800 this was because the 12db profile had then been applied to my line.  I managed to get the 6db profile added to my line which now results in a sync speed of about 2800 but as I said it now syncs with ADSL and not ADSL2.
By the sounds of it as I was one of the first to get the LLU line and there was no real interface in place except for requesting Tiscali to tweak the line via a ticket I suppose it is possible that after the inital request they tweaked it with a 6db Interleaved ADSL2 profile it may have been the combination of ADSL2 and interleaved that was giving me he 3500.
By all means if there is a way to get this put back onto my line I would be greatly appreciated.  I know that 700 is not a lot of difference but as my line is reletivly slow every little helps.
The only think I would ask is they they do not put back a 12db Interleaved line because this makes my line sync soooo slllooooow, 1800.
If you are able to contact Tiscali Helpdesk and see if they can set  my line back to a 6db Interleaved profile Back on ADSL2 would be good also as I presume that this was what was giving my extra speed boost up to 3500. But the interleaved part of it did seem to help with stability in the evenings.
Thanks
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll see what I can do.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team

amjrobson
Grafter

I have just checked and my line is now running Interleaved syncing with ADSL2 but with an SNR of 12db.  So my line speed is now 2100. So it is slow again.  I needs to be 6db interleaved. Or if this is not possible just get them to put it back to 6db Fast which by the sounds of the tickets I have raised is the only option.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll chase this again tomorrow for you. I'm fairly confident it can be done unless Tiscali have made some fairly draconian changes at their end since I last had involvement with them.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team