Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiscali LLU

Fenster
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Tiscali LLU

I just read announcement about people on Tiscali LLU being moved onto BT something, I think I am on the Tiscali thing. What is it about and how will it affect me please Plusnet ? Never liked Tiscali lot anyway but my internet  is usually  reliable so am wondering what its about and why its happening.    Shocked  Undecided  Like I always says ' I is not technical'.    Cheesy
11 REPLIES 11
markrach
Grafter

Re: Tiscali LLU

Who is your ISP ? , one owned by Plusnet or tiscali (wow if PN have bought Tiscali)
Mark
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Basically, what is happening to those who were provisioned via the Tiscali LLU platform is that they are now being moved back to the BT Network, and in some cases may be provisioned onto ADSL2+ (21CN) Connections if they are already enabled.
The transition should be pretty smooth, and I am sure that Plusnet will advise you of any changes made to your connection Smiley
I hope this answers your question.
PS - I'm a moderator, not a member of Plusnet staff
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Fenster
Rising Star

Thanks Chemical Brother so I will be getting an email then explaining it , just wondered why is happening, all will be revealed no doubt. thanks for quick response.  Smiley
Yes pierre_pierre that was the post I read about it.  Smiley
itsme
Grafter

You can find out whether you are on Tiscali LLU or on BT IPstream by checking your gateway http://usertools.plus.net/@gateway use the link to find out. If you are on thn-ag2 then you are on a LLU platform if not you are still on the BT platform.
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: Fenster
just wondered why is happening, all will be revealed no doubt.

The most likely answer is probably that Tiscali are on very shaky financial ground and there is a strong possibility of Tiscali imploding under the pressure of their half billion euro debt.
[RANT COMMING] Personally after my dealings with Tiscali two years ago Angry the sooner that bunch of crooks go in to administration the BETTER! they deserve nothing more! Lips_are_sealed [/rant over]
Fenster
Rising Star

Hi Itsme, checked yes I am on Tiscali LLU.
@ grudkin, I agree about Tiscali, like I said never liked that bunch, be glad to get away from them. Hope it gets sorted before they go down.  Roll_eyes
Regards,
Fenster.
grudkin
Grafter

Quote from: Fenster
Hope it gets sorted before they go down.   Roll_eyes

Thats what I call wishfull thinking! LOL Grin Wink
Fenster
Rising Star

Smiley
grudkin
Grafter

ROTFLMAO Grin Grin Grin Grin
I'm so glad I got out from Tiscali when I did! Cheesy
markrach
Grafter

I'm trying to get my old man to grab his MAC code (Tiscali customer witha capped line ), but he's such a fuddy duddy because he has 5 months left on his contract he's afraid of red letters and bailifs  Roll_eyes , maybe a call from plusnet sales on a good deal would do it  Wink , i would be willing to give his number out to a PN staff  Tongue