Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timeout errors when trying to FTP to third party web space

Annie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Timeout errors when trying to FTP to third party web space

I'm not certain where to post this question. I manage a few websites with a company based in America and in the last 24 hours I have been unable to log in to the server.

I keep getting timeout errors. The company cannot replicate the issue.

COMMAND:>    LIST
        425 Could not open data connection to port xxxxxx: Connection refused
ERROR:>       Server can't open data connection.

I'm using a Plusnet Hub One. I have not altered anything in the hub's configuration but I was wondering whether anything might have happened automatically. They keep asking me what my IP address is. Is there something up with my IP address? I've rebooted my router and PC and the PC is connected to the router via ethernet.

I have no idea how all this technical stuff works.

Annie
3 REPLIES 3
mikelahey
Pro
Fixes: 12

Re: Timeout errors when trying to FTP to third party web space

Connection refused is coming from the US hosting server. Its a response that is generated when the server is up and running but the ftp service is not started up on the server.

Annie
Rising Star

Thank you @mikelahey. Do I tell them this? It's strange because the problem has only just begun happening after being with them for a number of years. The other thing is that it's happening on more than one of their servers as I manage a number of different websites.

Annie
Annie
Rising Star

The hosting company aren't having any of it because the problem is happening on more than one of their servers.

I cannot see how to leave a support ticket in my Plusnet portal. I can only see options to call or do Online Chat. Is it possible to complete a ticket or is this facility gone? Please help.

Annie