cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket #87047904

dpullen

Ticket #87047904

About three weeks ago I noticed my 80MB Fibre speeds were quite bad, but I thought it might be a glitch and the speeds would return so I didn't bother reporting the fault at the time.
Since then, I got a few weird phone calls on the landline whereby I'd pick the phone up to answer and all I'd hear was the sound of a ringing telephone. If I hung up, the phone would immediately start ringing again, until the person calling hung up.
I didn't put two and two together until a day later when I rang my own number through my mobile and got exactly the same thing.. so I reported it as a fault to BT and they recognised there was a fault (something about a high frequency?)
BT duly fixed the fault within a couple of days and I got a dial tone back on my landline and calls come in okay (probably shows how many landline calls I get!)
BT also advised that, once the fault was fixed, to reboot my broadband hardware and within three days the speed should return to normal.
After a week since the fault was fixed, my BB speeds are still really rubbish - about 2Mb, if that. Before the line fault and since having 80/20 Fibre installed, I was enjoying the speed to the full, 8MB files really would download in a second. Now, they take a minute or so.
I feel I've been very patient and I appreciate there are people with more serious issues and that I at least have some form of broadband service, but I'm not getting what I'm paying for.
Plusnet have run diagnostics on the line and say it syncs fine and should be working okay. There's a large difference between 'should' and 'is', in this case, about 80Mb difference.
Even the engineer who installed it said I'd have no bother getting full speed and he was right, I've not had an issue until this.
This is through no action of my own, nothing I have done has affected the service. This is down to BT and Plusnet. BT have fixed their side of this issue, it's now up to Plusnet to pull their socks up and get this issue resolved, as it has been a week since the ticket was opened.
I have run the tests as requested, i.e. plug the Openreach modem by ethernet cable into a PC and the speed test still reports 2Mb or thereabouts.
Please someone help.
Here's a speedtest, just run now.
http://i.imgur.com/LjSic2i.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xYiZ92t.jpg
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Ticket #87047904

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

What's your Current Line Speed?
You'll need to log in to view the page.
A fault will have almost certainly caused your IP profile to drop significantly, and the Current Line Speed, which is effectively Plusnet's copy of your IP profile, may have stuck at the low value, perhaps needing a reset.
As it's Friday evening, there may not be any Plusnet staff in the forum before Monday morning, but if you ring up, the help desk staff can get it reset for you.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

@ Oldjim - snap!
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi dpullen,
I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with your throughput speeds. I've taken a look at your line and can't see anything on our end that is likely to be causing the issue, please see the attachment on here for your line stats.
I can see on your ticket that you've completed a PPPoE connection, what speeds did you get via this method?