cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 52971173

daskinner
Grafter

Re: Ticket 52971173

Hi, I've read the reply to this ticket which advises not no change the router back for 72 hours so thats fine.
I've just checked my router sync speed and it's still not changed, as my line is on the 10 day training period I'd expect it to be changing?
I've been on the BT speed tester site and my download speed hasn't changed it's still the same if not as good as before the switch to adsl2+ could the fact the SNR is always 9.5DB have something to do with it?
the BT site said  "We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests"
What does this mean? I didn't continue as it meant changing my router / internet login details and I'm not 100% how to do this in the 585v8 router.
ARone
Grafter

Quote from: daskinner

I've just checked my router sync speed and it's still not changed, as my line is on the 10 day training period I'd expect it to be changing?

this is one thing that confuses me too about the 21cn training period and it woud be nice to know what is supposed to happen , both times Ive been on the training period even when connection has been stable it just sits there for days , I assumed the idea was that it tested different settings ?
Does anyone know what is supposed to happen mines been stable now for 3 days with no change ?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: daskinner
the BT site said  "We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests"  What does this mean?

Do you mean the BT speed tester? I thought ti may have been provided with the wrong product type, but I've just checked and it's not, so I've no idea why it would report that. Could you provide a scree shot for that?
Quote from: ARone
I assumed the idea was that it tested different settings ?
Does anyone know what is supposed to happen mines been stable now for 3 days with no change ?

It's not that it tests different settings but will use the line's performance to determine its maximum stable rate.
Jojo Smiley
daskinner
Grafter

Jojo I closed this ticket in error so I've had to open a new one the ref is Question #53181411
Yes it was the BT speedtester website which says  "We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests"
niko
Grafter

i have this as well
if you google search
"We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests"
most replys say its just there for bt vision and you should ignore it
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
I've no idea why it's reporting that, could you provide a screen shot of that?
Jojo Smiley
garyten

I get the same at the bottom of  all my BT speed tests.
We have identified that you have additional services enabled on you broadband line, please click continue to run advanced service tests.
Bt vision services available.?
I have another post above this on ADSL2 issues, i just seen this post and thought we have some "similarities" here, for what its worth.
daskinner
Grafter

Jojo please see attached screen shot.
These are my router stats too.
Uptime: 0 days, 9:16:03
DSL Type: G.992.5 annex A
Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 1,063 / 5,624
Data Transferred (Sent/Received) [MB/MB]: 35.11 / 817.28
Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 12.5 / 19.5
Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 26.0 / 45.0
SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 5.5 / 9.5
Vendor ID (Local/Remote): TMMB / IFTN
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 74 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 262,144 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 262,151 / 0
FEC Errors (Up/Down): 0 / 0
CRC Errors (Up/Down): 465 / 674
HEC Errors (Up/Down): 307 / 1,991
I have noticed on my plusnet line profile the estimated speed isnt dated when i was moved to ADSL2+ does that make any difference?
Estimated line speed:
    6Mb (This may vary between 5Mb and 7Mb) - Checked on 2012-01-31 09:33:25
Current line speed:
    5 Mb
daskinner
Grafter

Jojo. Did the screen shot and stats help in anyway?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
I don't think that message has anything to do with the current performance, so I wouldn't pay too much heed to it. I will ask our suppliers what that means in my next contact with them though. I have replied to your ticket also.
Jojo Smiley
daskinner
Grafter

Jojo. I've just replied with the following to ticket 53181411
JoJo.. I checked my mums router and it was showing the same as mine and it had a sync speed of 64xx (still on 20CN) I can’t remember the exact figure I knew I should have written it down.
I changed back to my old Netgear DG834GT this morning and it sync’d at 62xx again I can’t remember the exact figure but it’s a lot higher than the Plusnet 585v8 could manage. I have a feeling I might have entered an incorrect setting though on the Netgear as when I opened the internet and clicked on Google I was directed to a BT error page saying your internet is currently down. I had to leave for work so I wasn’t able to double check the settings. If I get time I’ll nip home at lunch. unless you can check from your side?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can only think that you maybe had BT DNS set in the router. Did you manage to get back?
daskinner
Grafter

Jojo yes I nipped home at lunch. I had made an error in my ADSL user login. All up and running again now. Phew
A few questions for you.
Can you please look at my ticket as it's been updated while I was out on lunch and it says you have ran more tests on my line and you can confirm my speed wont increase it will stay at 4MB. My router has a sync speed of 6067 at present so why would I only get 4MB ?
It also says on the ticket 4MB is the max I would get on a 45 line attenuation with an SNR of 9DB my sync speed was around 5260 however this morning when I plugged in the Netgear router it says my line is now 47 with an SNR of 8.4 and a sync speed of 6067 so something isn't correct cos if was I was being told was right the sync speed should have dropped when my line shown 47  wouldn't you agree?
If I put my line attenuation onto Kitz it says with 45 I should get 7200 and with 47 I should get 6400 so again I'm not sure why uou have confirmed I will only ever get 4MB?
Whats your thoughts? I'll put a copy of this post in the ticket so it's all together.
daskinner
Grafter

I've copied part of the reply I received:
It's not necessarily the case that your speeds won't increase, it's that we can't take any further action in terms of progressing a fault to make them increase when they're already performing within expectations. Your sync rate may continue to fluctuate, and your speed profile will generally sit comfortably below the lowest sync rate you achieve over an extended period. If you have a spell where your sync rate is consistently higher your profile may increase, but it can't be guaranteed to stay there.
My question is
Can you advise if the above refers to the 10 day training period which is nearly over because if it does I've only just managed to get a good Sync by changing my router from the plusnet supplied 585v8 if so can my 10 days be started again as for the last 6 days or so I've been sat at around 5204 so nearly 1mb under what I'm getting since changing router.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi daskinner,
That's not quite what was said.
[quote=ticket]I have retested your circuit and the speeds are the same as before, with the profiles approximately 5mb. Unfortunately I do not believe we can increase the speed any further without jeopardising the connection stability.
Don't forget,  the kitz calculator is based on a 6dB SNR. so you could knock about 800k off your expected sync rate for the 3dB you are above that.
I've changed your profile to 5300k to allow for the IP profile your sync rate of 6067 will produce.
Jojo Smiley