Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ticket 34134371

Jaggies
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Ticket 34134371

Hi
Can someone from support please take a look at my ticket, no 34134371? I last updated it on Wednesday last week, and I have some more information to add, but I don't want to trigger the bug that puts it to the back of the queue whenever it gets updated...
I now believe the problem has been the Thomson Gateway. I came home from work on Saturday morning to find my DS synch speed had dropped from just short of 16000 to around 10500, and my profile had dropped from 14000 to 9000. I reinstated my BT Business Hub, which immediately synched at 16442 down, and has stayed in synch now for a few minutes short of 48 hours. The BT IP profile is now back at 14000, but the PlusNet profile is still at 9000. I daresay it should pick up over the next few hours - if not I'll ask for someone to give it a gentle nudge in the right direction. However, I am still getting PPP session drops - the log isn't crystal clear, but it looks like there have been six re-connections in the same period. Can you check the radius logs for me?
I've had three different BT engineers out in the last 10 days, although two of them were looking for someone else, they still tested my line and proved it fault free. The first engineer told me he had repaired a battery contact fault on the line before coming to the house.
Thanks in advance...
6 REPLIES 6
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Ticket 34134371

RADIUS logs attached, profile bumped to 14Mbps. Feel free to update your ticket as it's on hold. Tickets on hold are put to the back of the queue whenever they come off hold. Updating said ticket brings it off hold instantly.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

Quote from: Ben
RADIUS logs attached, profile bumped to 14Mbps. Feel free to update your ticket as it's on hold. Tickets on hold are put to the back of the queue whenever they come off hold. Updating said ticket brings it off hold instantly.

Thanks - I'll update the ticket and request a replacement router, or more likely a refund. I've been considering trying a BT Home Hub, which I understand woks fine on PlusNet.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You'll need to bodge the Home Hub to work on PN, I believe they're firmware locked but can easily be flashed. I've never used one myself though.
If you prove the router to be faulty we'll be more than happy to refund / replace.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

You'll need to bodge the Home Hub to work on PN, I believe they're firmware locked but can easily be flashed. I've never used one myself though.
If you prove the router to be faulty we'll be more than happy to refund / replace.

I understand from checking other forums (and possibly saw it somewhere on this forum as well), that the BT HomeHub works out of the box on PlusNet. I'm happy with my connection speed with the (unlocked) BT Business Hub, but I think I may still be getting disconnected a couple of times a day - the router's logs are difficult to interpret but appeared to show 7 connections since I put it on the line on Saturday morning. The synch has stayed up rock solid during that time. I'm at work now, so can't check, but will look at it again when I get home in the morning.
Can you check the radius log for me, please? I take it that users don't have access to check this ourselves?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's no way for customers to get their RADIUS logs so I've attached the last seven days for you.
Jaggies
Aspiring Pro

I've attached the last seven days for you.

Thanks, Ben. The eight disconnections / reconnections since Saturday morning agree with the router logs. They seem to be getting further apart...
Right - off to Ebay for a Home Hub  Wink