cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thumbs up for PlusNet

Laugh
Grafter

Thumbs up for PlusNet

Hello All.  I don't know whether anyone will remember me but I used to post on the old forums (God  Embarrassed this makes me sound old!).  My avatar was a gorilla (I'll try and find it and put it back) which was normally being attacked by an annoying little penguin (hi Chilly!). 
Anyway, I left PlusNet back in June of this year to go to pastures new (ie Vodafone), following the fun and frolics we had with the spam issue!  Shocked  It was a sad day because I'd been a customer of PN since 2001  Cry
Well I was surprised last week to receive an e-mail from PN telling me to marry my community login with my PN Login (I kept the freebee pay as you go option on my account).  I've done that, and I thought that I would pop in and see how you are all doing.  Easier said than done!  Enter Password - it said!  Enter Username - it said!  Uhm?  ???.  It's a good job my b*#@! are in a bag otherwise I'd forget them!  Embarrassed
Well I'm here now.  Howdy all!  Grin
I thought you might like to know whether the grass is greener.  Answer:  Yes and No.
Vodafone's mail is appalling.  I left PN because of a significant mail issue, but Vodafone's mail has the stability of a new-born calf on roller skates!  Roll_eyes
Vodafone's customer support is woefully lacking compared to PN.  They have a contact us form on their webpage but they then send you an e-mail asking you to provide your security details.  When I refused because it was insecure they seemed surprised and refused to help until I give them the details.  I've simply stopped using their Mail and now just use my domain's mail.
The good point with Vodafone it that I am seeing faster speeds than I did with PN and the connection is more stable.  Cheaper too, when combined with the Phone Package (but only because I have a discount as I have a Vodafone Mobile phone contract).  It actually makes me sad  Sad to put that because I still (even now) feel a loyalty to PN.  I think it goes back to the early days when the quality of service was exceptional.
In short.  I know PN get things wrong from time to time, but don't lose sight of the fact that they are incredibly open and the staff on these forums (Hi guys and gals) are unmatched in the Broadband world (of the UK anyway  ;)).  They do care and they do help.  Hopefully the PN Management have learned their lesson because they were responsible for PN's sharp and regrettable decline.
So - thumbs up to PN (especially the wonderful support staff on these forums) Cheesy and Hello to everyone.  Cool
All the best
Jason.  (Must put in signature as well  ???)
ps.  Having done all that praising I can't preview the rubbish I've written because there's an error on the page!  Somebody call for a techie! Shocked
Cancel Techie - I think I timed myself out!  It works now  Embarrassed
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: Thumbs up for PlusNet

I seem to recall the gorilla being related to someone called laugharne Smiley
Sounds like you've had quite an adventure and not just writing that post!
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Well I was surprised last week to receive an e-mail from PN telling me to marry my community login with my PN Login (I kept the freebee pay as you go option on my account).  I've done that, and I thought that I would pop in and see how you are all doing.

Hmm, it looks like you've registered this community site username (Laugh) against your account with us. Therefore the one you put on the ticket can't be associated as there is already a community username on your account.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Laugh
Grafter

Quote from: Chris
Hmm, it looks like you've registered this community site username (Laugh) against your account with us. Therefore the one you put on the ticket can't be associated as there is already a community username on your account.

Did I do that  Huh
Aren't I clever ! Cool
So I am registered?  I wonder when that happened?  Should I cancel my ticket?
Is this the wrong time to say "Are you glad to see me back?"  Grin
Hello James - yep that was me - And I've found my gorilla again  Cheesy
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

So I am registered?  I wonder when that happened?

Probably when you registered the Laugh account Wink
I'll cancel the ticket for you.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Laugh
Grafter

Thank you Chris.
You see everyone!  Aren't they good?
And all this means that when they finish with PlusNet they are qualified to get work in old people's homes!  Embarrassed