cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throughput being affected tonight both upstream and downstream

deathtrap
Grafter

Throughput being affected tonight both upstream and downstream

Throughput is once again degraded tonight, downstream  is not as badly affected as the upstream ftp  seems like it's being throttled to less than 10mbps, and before some one says but plusnet don't shape/manages the upstream traffic, i didn't say that they do/did, but i belive from reading the WMBC FTTC handbook there is some form of QOS  that can be set by CP's , could it be down to this, once capacity drops down to a certain level  it kicks in  causing what i'm seeing  when uploading via FTP ?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 10

Re: Throughput being affected tonight both upstream and downstream

Could you run the thinkbroadband speed test please - the graphs might tell us something.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
deathtrap
Grafter

Re: Throughput being affected tonight both upstream and downstream

The DS throughput is showing less fluctuation than the previous test did , and throughput is higher although not fully restored , the upstream ,maybe showing the same fluctuation /slow speeds that i saw when i attempted to use FTP my upstream results are normally around 18.5-6 mbps on this speedtest, although my actual throughput is a bit higher
Seems to of returned to normal  certainly better than it was 30mins ago when i first did a speedtest