cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Throttling effects on BBYW Option 3

geewizz
Grafter

Throttling effects on BBYW Option 3

I've used more bandwidth than ever before this month and so i'm getting close to that point where I believe there is some throttling. I've used 22GB of the allowed 30GB and I can't find the information about when the throttling kicks in and what limitations it forces. Can someone point me in the right direction please?
3 REPLIES 3
Be3G
Grafter

Re: Throttling effects on BBYW Option 3

You're getting mixed up with the old Premier Option 2 product, which would become progressively throttled once someone used over 20GB of the 30GB allowance. With BBYW however, because it's designed on more of a pay-for-what-you-use basis, no special throttling kicks in after a certain amount of usage.
scootie
Grafter

once you hit your cap(30 gb standard more if you have added it) speed 128kbps an p2p usenet are blocked all togther.
check the fixed allowence info on here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/products/archive/bbyw/speed.shtml
geewizz
Grafter

Quote from: Be3G
You're getting mixed up with the old Premier Option 2 product, which would become progressively throttled once someone used over 20GB of the 30GB allowance. With BBYW however, because it's designed on more of a pay-for-what-you-use basis, no special throttling kicks in after a certain amount of usage.

You're right, I did get the products mixed up. It's no wonder my search was fruitless!  Smiley Thanks for clarifying.