cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Signal Box not working

crescent13

Three Signal Box not working

I've been told that Plusnet does not allow Three Signal Booster to work. Why is this? My phone signal is horrendous in my house and the solution was this signal box from Three. It plugs in via Ethernet and wirelessly gives out the signal. Is there a solution?Huh
11 REPLIES 11
Bud
Grafter

Re: Three Signal Box not working

Who told you it wont work?
I use the Vodafone version and have done for the past 4 years on plusnet.  It can take up to 24 hours for it to start working in my experience though.
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Bud
I use the Vodafone version and have done for the past 4 years on plusnet. 

ditto the Vf Suresignal.
What router are you using? Have you got upnp enabled in router? If not you may have to manually forward some ports. There were rumours that the boxes wouldn't work on fibre connections, but (in my case at least) totally unfounded. It is after all only an ethernet device. Should be transparent
crescent13

Plusnet told me 😕

Thank you for getting in touch.
We are sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your three signal booster, I can confirm that your internet service is working correct as we can see you have an active connection.
In regards to the signal booster, I can confirm that we do not provide support for these it is something we have not provided. You may be best contacting three for further diagnostics or making a post on our forums, I have provided a link to our forums below...
http://community.plus.net/forum
I hope this clears things up for you. There is no need to reply to this ticket if the matter is resolved. This ticket will remain open with you for the next 14 days. After which It will automatically close leaving a full copy of the notes on your account.
However, if you feel the matter needs further investigation do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://portal.plus.net/wizard/ if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,
link:csa removed
adie:red CSA name removed as per link:rules
crescent13

Bee I am using a technicolor tg582n router. Not sure if that makes any difference.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

hi crescent13,
PlusNet aren't telling you it won't work, they're just saying they can't provide any support to help diagnose any problems. Since they didn't supply it their support people won't know anything about it.
It should work fine with a PN broadband connection. Does the unit have any lights that indicate it's status ?
bee's comment about upnp is correct , it often needs to be enabled ( not sure if it is by default on the TG582n ) for these units to work without other configuration.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

crescent13

The Ethernet, broadband and internet lights all flash continousely. But that's what I asked the guy about to get the reply I posted above. He said everything is fine so I don't know what to do. What's this upnp thing about?
beeceegee
Pro

PN haven't said it won't work - just that they can't help you sort it out as they didn't supply it (which is fair enough)
I'm not familiar with the Three box (or indeed the PN supplied tg582n router, although I do have one sitting in its box!). I do know that the Vf Suresignal works with a Billion Bipac router with absolutely no problems, so I don't see why a Three Box should not work.
What lights do you get on the Three Box when everything is plugged in and switched on? I'm looking at this page http://support.three.co.uk/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBISAPI.DLL/,/?New,Kb=Mobile,Ts=Mobile,T=CaseDoc,Case=obj%2...
[ EDIT - Hah - MisterW beat me to it  Cool ]
crescent13

I get a green light (not flashing) which indicates all should be working fine. I thought the router was the problem as all my lights flash on that constantly.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Yes, the lights flashing on the router is normal. A solid green light on the Home signal does ( from what I can find! ) seem to indicate its connected properly to the Three network.
I would suggest you should contact Three.
This http://www.tubblog.co.uk/blog/2013/05/13/using-a-three-home-signal-femtocell-to-improve-a-mobile-pho... is worth a read.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

beeceegee
Pro

Well you've got a steady green light on the Three Box, if I read the installation instructions correctly that means it has successfully connected to Three's servers and should be good to go. Sorry to ask the obvious but your phone does have 3G switched on (ok you're on Three so I guess the answer must be yes)
If the procedure is like VF's have you registered the Box online with Three? You need to give its location etc so they can activate it their end
One problem that has afflicted VF Suresignals is that everything appears ok, all lights green, but no 3G signal being picked up by the phones. That usually requires some combination of box reset and a call to VF SS support to reset the connection at their end. From what you have said so far I think it might be over to Three's support - good luck! Let us know how you get on
[EDIT - MisterW you beat me to it again!]
[EDIT2 - and I assume you have registerd the handsets to the Box?]
crescent13

I've seen no way to register my device to Three. Looks like it's just plug in a go. I may have to give them a bloody call then.