cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Threats of extra charges?

DirtyPJ

Threats of extra charges?

BT came to sort out my phone line on 1 September. Six days later Plusnet messaged me to say that broadband was live. But nothing worked. After spending nearly an hour on hold, we're told that they'd look into it. Now, on 12 September, they've messaged us to allege that it's probably a fault with the wiring in our flat and we'd have to pay £65 to have it fixed. If that's the case, why did the guys from BT tell me everything was working fine? They tested my line. They went and switched on at the local exchange. They said it was all good and ready. Now I have Plusner trying to get more money out of me after I paid up front for a year's service. More than two weeks after moving in I still have no broadband. My partner works for a major consumer magazine, one of the biggest readerships in the country and so we feel we have no choice but to give them so much bad publicity if someone cannot sort this out. And without us having to take more time off work. Plusnet have made us extremely annoyed and inconvenienced us considerably. If I have to take them to court, I'd not hesitate to do so.
5 REPLIES 5
bin
Aspiring Pro

Re: Threats of extra charges?

What they're actually saying is that if an engineer comes on site and finds that the fault is with your wiring then the call could be chargeable and that would be £65.

That does not mean they will charge £65 to come and fix the fault regardless. PN are working with BT and that is a BT charge which, when you think about it makes sense.

DirtyPJ

BT came here two weeks ago and said all was fine. If there's a problem BT should have found it then, rather than leave us for two weeks - so far - with no service.
bin
Aspiring Pro

All of which is incredibly frustrating - just trying to explain where the £65 come from is all. Sorry.

DirtyPJ

Go and be a troll somewhere else. You don't impress me. Insecure people like you who are warriors behind the keyboard are ten a penny.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

So who's the keyboard warrior? The one stating the facts in a balanced fashion or the one making threats to use their partner's position to slag off Plusnet?

jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)