cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson v8

ross1127
Grafter

Thomson v8

After 13 post about this issue on the Thomson V8 limited connectivity issue, the moderator says there is no long a problem ;D, well i still have issues and i if anyone else does please let me know. plusnet phoned me today to tell me to change my wireless settings using this link http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/thomson_wireless.shtml i told him that quite a few other people on this forum site had the same issues and they had done this, and guess what the issue is still there :-\, he told me that he has not heard of any problems with this router :o, if i cannot sort this out soon i will be leaving plusnet ahd enough Cry
4 REPLIES 4
gyre
Grafter

Re: Thomson v8

Personally, I'd bin the speedtouch and get a 2nd hand netgear DG834GT or DG834Gv4 from e-bay for around 10 pounds.  Less hassle.
-- gyre --
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

I'm inclined to agree that it was premature of moderator Adiewoo to lock this thread http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,91200.0.html because it prevents people from giving both negative and positive feedback after applying the firmware update.  I applied the firmware update on behalf of someone who was having problems with establishing wireless connections to both her PC and iPad.  This was done five days ago and she hasn't had any problems since.   
ross1127
Grafter

Why lock a thread Angry Adiewoo i thought thats what forum site were about, perhaps somebody from plusnet should take time to read some of these issues before people start leaving, as its costing me £21.99 for a service im not getting
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI guys,
Just to clear something up here. I asked the moderator to lock the thread. We had been aware of wireless issues with the v8 and the firmware upgrade has solved the majority of them. I am aware that people are still having issues with their v8 but posting them there will not make it easier to resolve individual issues. The reason I started that thread was to collate issues for the release of the new firmware, so I asked adiewoo to lock it advising anyone who is still experiencing issues after the firmware upgrade to start their own thread. This way, it will be much easier to manage.
Jojo Smiley