cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson router with HP wireless printer

GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

Thomson router with HP wireless printer

I have just installed the new Thomson router supplied by Plusnet, but am having problems reconfiguring my HP wireless printer. I get a message saying  that the computer cannot communicate with the printer because UDP port 427 is blocked. It worked fine with my previous router and so it looks like the Thomson router is blocking this port. I can see the router can be configured for "games and application sharing", but this looks like it is to allow external access to the network. Can anyone help me get this working?
8 REPLIES 8
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Thomson router with HP wireless printer

Hi GlynArmstrong,
Are you able to connect wirelessly with any other equipment?
Jojo Smiley
GlynArmstrong
Dabbler

My computer connects wirelessly and I can access the internet successfully.
In fact the printer seems to be connected OK - I can see it on the network.
The problem seems to be that the protocol used to communicate between the computer and the printer to send print requests, obtain printer status etc does not get through the router.
filrock

Yep....Same here. Laptops talking ok to router. Printers on the network wirelessly....just not talking to each other through the router..!!!!!!!!!!
Anybody sort a fix?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I take it you both have version 8.2.7.8 firmware installed?
hp9999

I have just joined Plusnet and I am having the same problem with the Thomson  Router unable to make a wireless connection with my wireless HP printer. The printer worked with the router suplied by my previous ISP.  Wireless connections are made to my laptop and the Nintendo Wii. The Thomson gateway software is version 8.2.7.7. Can anyone help me please as I have not been able to get anywhere when calling Plusnet for support. 
pierre_pierre
Grafter

welcome to the Forum
Read the reply above yours
hp9999

Thanks Pierre_Pierre. Does this mean I need version 8.2.7.8 of firmware - whatever that is ? The information displayed on my Thomson Gateway homepage is below - does this mean I have got 8.2.7.7 of firmware and also how do I upgrade to this newer version.
Thomson Gateway 

Information 

Product Name:  TG585 v8

Software Release:  8.2.7.7

pierre_pierre
Grafter

this thread used to be fixed at the top  dont know where it now hides but  this links to it http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,92497.msg774474.html#msg774474