cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585v8 firmware 8.2.7.8

ponyman1
Dabbler

Thomson TG585v8 firmware 8.2.7.8

Whenever my DSL connection drops, this router stops working both on wifi and ethernet - is this a design fault. Its bad enough having DSL go down but not to able to use my LAN whenever it happens makes it pretty useless.
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Thomson TG585v8 firmware 8.2.7.8

Does the power light go out when this happens?
I'm wondering if this is the other way round to what you mention where the network connectivity and DSL drops because of an issue with the router or perhaps an interruption to the power supply of some sort?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ponyman1
Dabbler

Why hadn't I thought of that! I have just tried disconnecting the phone line and the LAN stayed up. It sounds like an intermittent problem with the router power supply - it isn't the socket It's plugged into because it's a double socket and the other one is not showing any symptoms. Given that  you sent me the router in January, do I get a replacement?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

rather than jump in with a replacement straight away I don't want to assume its the power supply itself as it could just as easily be the router.
can you try two things please? Check and see if the power light goes out when you lose WAN and LAN connectivity and try a factory reset.
If that makes no difference I shall arrange a replacement for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ponyman1
Dabbler

Will do.