Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585v8 - Power light flashing

mar7t1n
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thomson TG585v8 - Power light flashing

Came home today, and the WiFi wasn't working. So turned router off and then on again, and went away for 5 minutes, it still wasn't working, but the power light was flashing orange and the Ethernet light solid green. I left it a while but it carried on in this state. I've tried turning it off and leaving it, and have resorted to pressing the factory reset pin. It still just flashes the power light.
Broadband working on an old router.
Has anyone else had this sort of issue, does it just take an incredibly long time to come back working, or is it basically bust?
3 REPLIES 3
Dmitchell
Grafter

Re: Thomson TG585v8 - Power light flashing

It's possible that the router is updating software.
It doesn't have "Orange" listed however. "Yellow" - Software is updating. Leave the router on until its light turns green.
What are my router's lights telling me?
mar7t1n
Rising Star

Has been left on for 2hours, and still just flashing. The hard reset doesn't seem to have any affect on it. It's about 2.5 years old. Any more suggestions, or can I get a replacement?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If the factory reset hasn't helped then it sounds like the router has had it's day. If you're looking for a replacement you'd need to speak with our support team on 0800 432 0200 and we can go through this with you.