Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585v7 password

katpaw
Grafter

Thomson TG585v7 password

Hi all,
I am trying to log into my Thomson router and have tried all of the following combinations without success - any ideas?
admin / (blank)
admin / password
Administrator / (blank)
Administrator / password
admin / admin
admin / serial number
Administrator / serial number
Cheers
Paul
12 REPLIES 12
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Thomson TG585v7 password

Unless the login details have been changed it's usually admin / serial number.
Ensure you haven't mixed a zero with an O and, as far as I remember it's case sensitive.
If all else fails you can do a factory reset by pushing a pin into the reset hole and holding it for 15 seconds (I think).

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

katpaw
Grafter

Thanks Mav. I've tried in the correct case and have watched for O's and zeros.
I do a reset is there anything I need to watch out for or will it work as normal afterwards?
mav:quote
JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Think it's Administrator and serial number for that particular router unless one or both have been changed - both case-sensitive.
katpaw
Grafter

Tried that!
Have never changed any usernames or passwords.
mav:quote
Mav

I have the 585 v7 and had to do a factory reset a few weeks ago and it was admin that was required.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

Quote from: katpaw
...and have watched for O's and zeros.

B's and 8's can also get mixed up - well, did for me once or twice Embarrassed

JayG
Pro
Fixes: 6

Quote from: Mav
I have the 585 v7 and had to do a factory reset a few weeks ago and it was admin that was required.

Oh, that's odd - I was going on this: www.plus.net/support/hardware/thomson585web.pdf (setion 9 refers.)  Undecided
Mav

Does the software version make a difference (I have 8.2.6.5).
I used to change the login details but after the recent problem where, for once, I had forgotten them, I left them at their default and it displays 'admin' when I logged in  earlier.

runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Look on the bottom of the router and copy down the serial number : It begins CP................
you do NOT need the Wifi password

Put http://192.168.1.254/login.lp into your browser
Type "admin" in the Adminstrator box
Next make sure CAPS Lock is ON and type the password you noted down to begin with into the password box
See below for pic.
if this doesn't work then clear your browsser cache either from the browser tools or by using a program such as C Cleaner
If THAT does not wrk then do the factory reset using a pin the reset button.
WARNING The router may take a while to restart. It is designed to pick up your account details & log in automatically from Plus net when it recognises the internet connection usign a system called TR69 . Sometimes this doesn't work and you will need to log in - as has been descrbed - and enter them yourself. Do you know them?
Good luck! 
katpaw
Grafter

I'm sorted, thanks chaps.
I opened the page linked from JayG, and then had to do a hard reset of the router as suggested by gpsmout.
One thing I noticed though that when I got to Step 9 as described here (http://www.plus.net/support/hardware/thomson585web.pdf) the Username had defaulted to "thomson" which obviously I hadn't tried earlier as I had no inkling that's what it might be.
Cheers
Paul
runhare
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

User name "thomson"?
Is this a Plus Net Branded  router supplied by them or did you aquire it elsewhere? Just wondering!
katpaw
Grafter

It was supplied by PlusNet - probably way back in the Force 9 days. It's not "branded" with anything to identify the ISP, but it must be at least 9 or 10 years old!