cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585 router issue

Mancmonkey

Thomson TG585 router issue

Hi guys,
I've got an issue with the above router I hope someone can help with.
I've just got a new laptop, a Dell Latitude E5540 but it won't connect to the router wirelessly.  It can see the router and allows me to put in the security key but it won't connect.
I've had it connected wirelessly to other routers (neighbours, office) and other things connected to our router via the wireless (previous laptop, iPods etc) and everything seems configured properly on both bits of equipment.
A mate of mine said it could be something to do with the output channel and it may be incompatible being a new laptop, he said to check whether the router had a dual output mode or change from G to B channel or vice versa. Whilst I know enough to know the laptop is set up properly i've not been able to find any option on the router that allows me to change this setting.
Can anyone help or offer any advice?

Cheers
Dave
2 REPLIES 2
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Thomson TG585 router issue

Hi Mancmonkey,
If you access the router homepage, at the bottom under home network click wireless. Then in the top right hand corner click configure. There you will see interface type. Click the drop-down box to change and click apply. Alternatively have a look at our wireless help guide.
Jojo Smiley
Mancmonkey

Re: Thomson TG585 router issue

Brilliant, thanks Jojo.
I'll have to play with the settings now and see if I can get it going.
Cheers
Dave