cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thomson TG585 factory reset to simplify internet/broadband password reset on router

greendave

Thomson TG585 factory reset to simplify internet/broadband password reset on router

I'm trying to support my 87 year old mum as she's lost her internet access - she's 400 miles away in Scotland. Her email account seems to have been hacked, requiring a password change on her Plusnet account - Plusnet clearly spotted the spamming attempts using her account and disabled her access. As I have access to her Plusnet account I can easily change the password, which I have done and reviewed her email messages and seen all the Spam attempt error messages generated by Plusnet. However, the broadband/internet password on her router has to be changed to allow her internet access to be restored and this is where the problem lies. I have tried talking her through connecting to the router etc. to get to a point where the internet access password can be changed, but as she's not a frequent or experienced user and doesn't understand much of what I'm asking/telling her to do, it's a real problem (I take my hat off to the folks in Customer Support anywhere, let alone Plusnet!). I'm now wondering if I get her to do a factory reset on the router, whether the setup process for getting the thing up and running will restore her internet access or whether I'll just b%^&*r the whole thing up. Any advice?

1 REPLY 1
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

Re: Thomson TG585 factory reset to simplify internet/broadband password reset on router

Morning @greendave it can only fix the issue if we have the updated router details saved on the account, I am happy to ring her and help her get back up and connected. Can you private message me the username and her best contact number please? Smiley

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team