Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thompson Router Keeps Restarting

tw199y2011
Dabbler

Thompson Router Keeps Restarting

Hi,
I have been with plusnet for about 6 months now and just rewcently i have been having problems with my router that i got with my package.
I will be sat surfing away and all of a sudden it will come up with the thompson screen and i look at my router and it is restarting. also i have been having problems with xbox live aswell was working fine connecting to partys and private games but now it doesnt, worked once in about the last 30 attempts and even then after about half hour it disconnected. I have tried my xbox round my friends and works fine.
Any sugestions?
Thanks
Steven
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Thompson Router Keeps Restarting

Hi,
When you say it's restarting does it seem to lose power or do you just see the broadband/internet lights flash as it's trying to reconnect?
I ask as that could be the difference between a faulty router or a fault with the service.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tw199y2011
Dabbler

Hi Adam,
When it restarts i mean like you have physically turned it off and back on again going through the cycle of starting the router back up.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi tw199y2011,
We saw a similar issue a while back where routers were rebooting. Have a look at this library article we posted with a way to stop this happening.
Jojo Smiley
mattturner
Grafter

Quote from: tw199y2011
Hi Adam,
When it restarts i mean like you have physically turned it off and back on again going through the cycle of starting the router back up.

Hi Steven,
I've applied what we call game mode to your router which should help with the X-Box games, I'd be interested to hear if they work any better now?
From looking at your logs, you've not reset the router for over 5 days. When did this last happen? Does the screen show for a few seconds and then allow you to browse the web a few seconds later? The next time it shows please could you take a screenshot so I can see the exact page you're seeing?
Thanks,
Matt