cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is getting ridiculous now-third engineer visit-third aborted FTTC Install

tonycollinet
Grafter

This is getting ridiculous now-third engineer visit-third aborted FTTC Install

See previous thread here: http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,129633.0.html
After being assured that the problem was now cleared (PCP cabinet move complete) another engineer visit was arranged. He arrived this morning to find the PCP move still incomplete. He called his manager out - yes, he could also see that it was incomplete (Cables "hanging out").
No outstanding jobs on their system to complete it.

Oh yes, and I managed to close associated ticket - Question #88703858 by clicking close instead of add details (where is the "are you sure" confirmation on closing tickets?) Can that be reopened, or do we need to start a new one.
HOW DO WE GET THIS FIXED WITHOUT INCORRECT STATUS REPORTS FROM BT?
4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: This is getting ridiculous now-third engineer visit-third aborted FTTC Install

Hi Tony,
Sorry to hear about this. I'm that annoyed I just caught myself grinding my teeth whilst reading this!
I'll open a new ticket referencing the old one and will get this chased before the end of today.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
tonycollinet
Grafter

Re: This is getting ridiculous now-third engineer visit-third aborted FTTC Install

Thanks Adam - and no need to grind your teeth. I know PlusNet are giving best service possible given how you are being let down by the bunch of utter numpties over at BTW Towers.

I keep imagining what it would be like if I was trying to sort this through BT Internet overseas call centres working from their support script.
"can you try plugging the router in to the test socket sir"
"but there's a bunch of cables hanging out of the cabinet across the road and the engineer is currently hitting it with a very large sledge hammer"
"never mind that sir, please try the test socket and then we can move on to the next step"

*shudder*
avatastic
Grafter

Hopefully Adam has a note to check with BT/W that once the cables have been tucked in to the cabinet, it's been connected to the exchange correctly. You don't want to end up in the situation I was, connected and syncing but traffic going no further than the cabinet.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
picbits
Rising Star

Quote from: tonyAtplus
I keep imagining what it would be like if I was trying to sort this through BT Internet overseas call centres working from their support script.

.... or the TalkTalk script .....
"Sorry Sir, it appears that you have a virus on your machine and we can't help you any more than that"