cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This damned router?

mincemaster

This damned router?

Hi, i've recently had fibre fitted and the connection is fantastic, i have no issues with the service. However the 582n router supplied is terrible at best. All my items are apple based products including iphones, macs, ipads with an xbox and a ps3. The router uploads fantastically (16mbps) but all my downloads are running around 10mbps when it's connecting at 68. Meaning 1080p youtube videos are buffering and it was better on my old adsl connection. I know this is a wifi issue as a direct connection puts the speed back up, searching on the internet it seems it may be due to a QOS service running or a WMM feature that needs to be disabled. However I cannot find the setting, can anyone help with suggestions or an admin account details that will show these features. With thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: This damned router?

welcome to the forums mincemaster
it might just be that it's not a great wireless router. there's plenty of other posts in the forums about it.
if you're running all apple stuff why not get an airport extreme router and use that instead of the 582?
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
apjashley1
Grafter

Re: This damned router?

+1 for the AirPort