cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Third line outage in 7 months.

pvy2712
Grafter

Third line outage in 7 months.

For the third time in about 7 months I’ve lost my phone line.
Apparently another fault at the exchange, which makes me beg the question what sort of inbred gorillas do they employ at BT that apparently see a loose connection, and decide to hammer it home with their sodding forehead before sticking it in place with a mixture of what I can only assume would be faeces and spittle.
Luckily there is a BTFON location nearby so I managed to stop my wife(a teacher), who is near stratosphere stress levels due to an Ofsted inspection anyway, driving 35 miles to her mother’s house to use her internet connection to reach her schools intranet... even if I had to pay £5 for the pleasure.
To top it all off Elemental Fallen Enchantress Beta opens tomorrow and unless I pay another £5 for more BTFON connection time I won’t have any way to download it.
This leaves me with a tricky quandary. BT are idiots, however as a BT customer I would be able to use their BTFON and so have internet connection... even when they allow their winged monkeys to attempt delicate exchange engineering.
To say I’m slightly annoyed would be a minor understatement. I do realise this is somewhat out of Plusnet’s control however at the moment I don’t really care about that. What I care about is the fact I pay for a service that I can no longer be sure is working when I come home from work.
I want three things.
1) I want my line back, ASAP
2) I want Plusnet to raise an official complaint with BT for being retards, exchange faults happen occasionally; three in 7 months is not. Bloody. Occasional.
3) I want £5 off of my next month’s bill as compensation for having to pay money for something I should already have.
Not completely unreasonable I hope.
Regards
Dan Brown
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Third line outage in 7 months.

Hi  pvy2712,
Sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing here. I'm going to take ownership of this issue and will deal with it until it's resolved.
Having checked your account the ticket raised by my colleague yesterday evening does begin with "Your fault has now been raised with our wholesale provider for further investigation" and I can see a fault reference so things are moving already, I'll make sure you're kept updated from now on though.
1)  I want my line back, ASAP

Understood, its with our suppliers now.
2)  I want Plusnet to raise an official complaint with BT for being retards, exchange faults happen occasionally; three in 7 months is not. Bloody. Occasional.

Not sure we'd use quite the same wording but of course we can raise a complaint for you.
3)  I want £5 off of my next month’s bill as compensation for having to pay money for something I should already have.

I'd like to make sure you're credited for any service you've paid for and not been able to receive so we will at least credit £5 off the next bill.
I'll be in touch as soon as we have an update on the fault for you and I'll do what I can to push things forward as fast as is possible.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
BRABUS
Grafter

Dan your descriptions made me laugh out loud.  You did so well to vent your frustrations without resorting to swearing........for that alone I think Plus Net should give you a months service for free  Cool
pvy2712
Grafter

Thank you Adam, it is appreciated.
Admittedly appreciation mixed with slowly dying annoyance and frustration… but appreciation none the less.
Brabus, I wrote the original directly after a very angry call to plusnet to log the fault. But then went and sat down for 10 minutes to give myself time to clear my head, the first draft was a tad more brutal but the phone call had no such… editing, I do feel sorry for the poor customer support person who took the call.
-Dan
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

On a positive note a fault has been identified at the local exchange and engineers should be attending to that by end of play tomorrow.
I'm sending a note to our suppliers to pass to the engineers to state that this has been a repeat issue for you and a long term fix needs to be applied.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pvy2712
Grafter

I'm sending a note to our suppliers to pass to the engineers to state that this has been a repeat issue for you and a long term fix needs to be applied.
Thank you Adam, although they’ll probably read that as “stick sum chewin gum in dat ole to stop der fingy dats spose ta be in der frum fallin out all uv da time” but as long as it resolves the problem and means there are no more occurrences of the fault then I’m more than happy to allow them to continue their own unique brand of telecom infrastructure maintenance.
-Dan
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've just checked on the fault and the notes are stating that as of about ten past five yesterday BT believe the fault to be resolved... I sincerely hope that's the case, please can you let us know if it is or not?