Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of unlimited

GarethNelson
Dabbler

Re: Thinking of unlimited

Quote from: Jameseh
We'd schedule it for your next billing date.
You don't have to take the router.

I meant would I have to reboot my router, I don't care whether or not you send me a free router (though if you're offering.........)
James
Grafter

You won't need to Smiley
godsell4
Rising Star

They could also consider BBYW3 rather than moving to Unlimited.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
GarethNelson
Dabbler

I'll probably talk to teh wife and then upgrade then, thanks for all the advice guys
scootie
Grafter

Quote from: GarethNelson
Quote from: ASBO
3. u can extend that happy hour line speed all the way up to midday as you have no usage limit to worrie about  Wink

But I do have traffic shaping to worry about Smiley

nope theres no rate limits from midnight to midday. apart from gaming which is at 2mb 24/7 but that dosent effect anything
EDIT. has vpn allways been at 2mb on unlimited or has this been added since its launch in feb?
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/quality_broadband/speed.shtml#upstream
also upstream vpn on value has a happy hour at midnight-2am is this right
i dont like the new lay out on the expected speeds looks uneasy on the eye
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

AIUI, if you can wait until after 22nd October, changing to Unlimited will not put you on a 12/18 month contract. You would just be liable for the cost of any 'free' router etc if you left within 12 months. See here:
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,79218.0.html
Chris
Wheel_nut
Grafter

IMHO, he doesn't need to wait until October. If a customer signs up to the 12/ 18 month contract now, it reverts to a 10 day notice contract after the October date. The Deferred costs remain payable in accordance with the Terms though.
mal0z
Grafter

Thats as I understand it too - but best wait for a PN person to confirm it perhaps. Maybe quite a few existing customers will be changing now the 12/18 month terms are removed/
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): tidied up double-post and confused quote.]
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Wheel_nut
IMHO, he doesn't need to wait until October. If a customer signs up to the 12/ 18 month contract now, it reverts to a 10 day notice contract after the October date. The Deferred costs remain payable in accordance with the Terms though.

Yep, that's right. Like you say though, the customer would still have to pay for any deferred costs.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Pleased to stand corrected!  (But I still think you have to be a particularly heavy user or on a Market 3 exchange to make it worth switching....)
Chris
GarethNelson
Dabbler

I'd like to be MUCH heavier Wink
Sick of having to do all the fun stuff at night, or having to watch my usage during the day.
dick:quote
GarethNelson
Dabbler

If any staff would like to take a look, i've submitted a question with ID 29946775
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Your traffic will be severely slow on these new products unless you are mainly interested in streamed etc interactive traffic.
P2P, FTP, Usenet will be severely limited.
BBYW3 perhaps?

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

GarethNelson
Dabbler

I did list the types of traffic I use in my earlier post - how much slowdown can I expect on BitTorrent (the only P2P system I use)?
Generally, i'm interested in low-latency and high-bandwidth SSH (I tend to mount remote filesystems over it for sysadmin purposes), cheap usage allowance (for the bigger downloads I run over BitTorrent, often extending into a few days), decent speed HTTP (don't we all want that?), and low latency for all the virtual worlds stuff (which is generally UDP in the 10k+ port range, never a specific port).
If, as has been posted in this thread, it's possible to trial the unlimited package then of course i'll find out soon enough. Right now i'm on broadband your way pro and the main issue is usage allowance.
jim:quote
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: GarethNelson
I did list the types of traffic I use in my earlier post - how much slowdown can I expect on BitTorrent (the only P2P system I use)?

At peak times? Worse than dialup (if you are lucky).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)