cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thinking of cancelling - Intermittent connection - horrible customer service

Internetting

Thinking of cancelling - Intermittent connection - horrible customer service

I've recently joined Plusnet and am very upset with not only the service but the product as well.
I signed up early Feb and have had the following issues:
1. Intermittent connection
Internet works for 1 min, then doesnt for the 10 mins, it does this all the time 24/7.
2. Router supplied by Plusnet was faulty, so they promised to send me a new one, still waiting for it to arrive and its been over a week.
Bought my own router and still experiencing problems.
3. Have called Plusnet at least five times and they cannot resolve the issue, they hang up after goin through the motions i.e reboot router, reset etc

I am paying for a service that I am not recieving and am very upset.
I will give Plusnet one more week to resolve this issue, after which I shall be forced to go to another broadband provider.
Thought you guys treated your customers better than others, very naive of me.
Suffice to say a lesson has been learnt.
12 REPLIES 12
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: Thinking of cancelling - Intermittent connection - horrible customer service

Have you gone through the troubleshooter and reported an intermittent connection at http://faults.plus.net? That gets testing into the hands of the faults team and provides information for involving BT.
David
everhopeful
Dabbler

Re: Thinking of cancelling - Intermittent connection - horrible customer service

Angry I know exactly how you feel.  I too joined at the beginning of February, and have exactly the same problem as you.  I did eventually get an engineer to come out on Thursday, he said he would be back Friday but (after my son taking a day off to wait for him) - no call and no visit!  I have tried phoning Plusnet, but all I get told is there is nobody to deal with the problem, the managers are only there to manage the staff!!  I really liked the idea of Plusnet, having a UK based help centre - but there is no point in that if they don't help.  I wondered if our Plusnet router was at fault, but the engineer said no.  Have you tried using a different router - and if so, how did you do that?!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

@everhopeful
Please read the responses on the thread you started.
@Internetting
As you say you have bought your own router and are still having problems, this could suggest there is nothing wrong with the Plusnet one. What makes you think it's faulty? It sounds as though you may have a line problem.
I'm surprised that you are saying that Support staff "hang up" when you phone in for support. I'm certain that one of Plusnet's Digital Care Team (they work Mon-Fri) will pick that issue up on Monday and listen to the calls and ensure some "re-training" is provided where appropriate.
Can you tell us more about your Intermittent Connection problem? Firstly are you on Fibre or ADSL? I assume the (modem)/router you have would be the TG582n?
Can you hear any audible noise on your phone line when using the phone or have any problems with incoming or outgoing calls?
Is this your first Broadband service on this line?
kinginter
Grafter

Customer service is excellent - I have had calls from them on a Sunday night before!
Been with Plusnet for about 8 years now and any issues I have had have been dealt with quickly  Smiley
They'll sort it don't worry.....
Internetting

Quote from: spraxyt
Have you gone through the troubleshooter and reported an intermittent connection at http://faults.plus.net? That gets testing into the hands of the faults team and provides information for involving BT.

I've raised a ticket/fault and have recieved a reply stating that they have found nothing wrong at all, and if I want a BT engineer to come and look at my line, I would have to pay £60 if they found the equipment was to blame (which I'm 99% sure it isnt)
Quote from: everhopeful
Angry I know exactly how you feel.  I too joined at the beginning of February, and have exactly the same problem as you.  I did eventually get an engineer to come out on Thursday, he said he would be back Friday but (after my son taking a day off to wait for him) - no call and no visit!  I have tried phoning Plusnet, but all I get told is there is nobody to deal with the problem, the managers are only there to manage the staff!!  I really liked the idea of Plusnet, having a UK based help centre - but there is no point in that if they don't help.  I wondered if our Plusnet router was at fault, but the engineer said no.  Have you tried using a different router - and if so, how did you do that?!

Yep, bought a router from Argos which works with ADSL2, its a TP-Link router, it gave better speeds than the PN router (when broadband works that is)
Quote from: kinginter
Customer service is excellent - I have had calls from them on a Sunday night before!
Been with Plusnet for about 8 years now and any issues I have had have been dealt with quickly  Smiley
They'll sort it don't worry.....

This is the primary reason for me joining, that Plusnet has a good rep for customer service, but unfortunately I am yet to be impressed.
Have also recieved the following from them:
If an engineer visits your premises and the fault is found to be caused by your equipment, internal wiring or as a result of damage to BT equipment a charge of £60 will apply.
Please confirm if you wish to proceed with the fault investigation and to book an engineer to visit your premises to further investigate your home phone fault.
BT engineers operate Monday to Friday and within two timeslots for visits. These are AM (0800-1300) and PM (1300-1800). Weekend slots are not always available.
Please provide 3 timeslots you could attend and we will book the appointment for you and contact you to confirm when the engineer will be visiting.

If I was that good at checking for faults, i doubt I'd have to raise a fault in the first place.
Heres hopin theres somethin wrong with the line and not the equipment.
Thank you all for your responses, I very much appreciate it.
Will keep you guys posted.
Many thanks,
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

That £60 stuff is all a standard statement and is just to be sure you've gone through all the checks as defined when reporting a fault.
You haven't commented on whether you can hear any audible noise on the line or had any problems with incoming or outgoing call. These things are indicative of a line problem, and if intermittent can sometimes be difficult to find.
I'm sure someone from the DCT will pick this up shortly.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I can see you've raised a fault on the phone line, what kind of noise is it you hear? Are you able to do the quiet line test, by dialling 17070?
Really sorry it's been such a bad start, hope we'll have it fixed soon for you.
Internetting

Hi Matt,
The noise is very crackly with a bit of what I can only describe as windy sorta noise.
I have an engineer booked, so lets see what they come up with.
Its jus frustratin for me that Plusnet couldnt sort this out before Startin to bill
Me.
Theres been issues from day one, so I'm assumin they could've checked the line and wiring before installin anythin.
Thanks again for all your help.
Regards,
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Theres been issues from day one, so I'm assumin they could've checked the line and wiring before installin anythin.

Unfortunately not, until the line is installed the 'asset' doesn't belong to us therefore we have no control over the line and no ability to perform diagnostic checks.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Internetting

Thank you for the clarification.
Guess its jus one of those things.
Thank you all again.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
Just wondering, why did you close the ticket? It was on hold so we'd pick it up when the engineer visit is complete.
I'll raise another one to the same place and put it back on hold, but if I'd not caught that we wouldn't have been in touch once the engineer visited and if he doesn't manage to fix the fault, we'd have had to start from square one again.
Internetting

Huh?
I didnt close the ticket!!!!
But once again, I must thank you Mr Taylor.