cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The worse Internet connection ever!!!

mariwan1974
Dabbler

The worse Internet connection ever!!!

I have joined Plusnet about 2 month a go. From the first month I had to contact Plusnet about a very slow Internet speed it was btween 2.9 MB - 3.3 MB. Then I am on a second month I did not an Internet connection without problem for the last 15 days. Today I had an online chat with a plusnet staff without results. My Internet speed right now 0.12 MB. I am sending this message using my mobile data because I can't send it this speed. I am really upset. Is there a way to cancel the contract without paying the full amount of money for 12 month?
9 REPLIES 9
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

Re: The worse Internet connection ever!!!

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

@Gel

The BT speedtester gives the current performance of the line, not its maximum potential speed, the "Max Achievable Speed" does not indicate the best possible line speed after some equipment or wiring or line issue gets fixed.

stevenmiles3

I joined plusnet 7 days ago my speed is 2.51 I thought TalkTalk were rubbish, but now I find Plusnet are even worse, what a bunch of con artists.

stevenmiles3

I have done all the tests asked of me time and time again over and over again, and still I get a rubbish speed, BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test 2.49.

I am so very, very disapointed, and to think I am locked in a 12 month contract that I cant get out of through no fault of my own, all I know if I bought an item from a shop and it went wrong after 7 days I would get a full refund, Plusnet are no better than any other INSP.

mariwan1974
Dabbler

Hi Gel, Thanks for your advice I have just completed the speed test and here is the results!!!

mariwan1974
Dabbler

The first speed test completed by http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/   and the results are:

Download Speed (Mbps): 0.39

Upload Speed (Mbps): 0.15

really disappointing Sad

mariwan1974
Dabbler

Hi ejs,

My 12 month contract with Sky was expired on 20 September and I never had any issue with my line, equipment or wiring. the only reason I left Sky was I didn't want to pay £27.40 per month just for my broadband because I never used my landline. 

mariwan1974
Dabbler

Hi stevenmiles3,

I am also very disapointed, I have done the test with BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test was: 0.39 and my second test was: 0.16 here is an image of the test results !!!!

mariwan1974
Dabbler

Hi stevenmiles3,

I am also very disapointed, I have done the test with BT Wholesale Broadband Performance Test was: 0.39 and my second test was: 0.16 here is an images of the test results !!!!