cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The slowest internet speed I ever got

nicole

The slowest internet speed I ever got

On the advertisement, it says upto 8mb. The fastest speed is all I get is 0.13mb.
I am their customer since 2006 till now. During the beginning, their were broadband faults, I often phoned them and they do care the customers and fixes the problem. Even they gave me 10mb for me to test for a short term, I have noticed that. After that they have turned down the speed around 2.2mb to 2.5mb, I have no problem at all and so I have continue using it unti now.
Just recently this week, the speed gets worser and worser each time I go and search online, very slow, it is similiar to dial up (no difference to dial up in this case), the maximum speed is 0.14mb to 0.12mb.
I have also emailed the company (plusnet or force 9) but no response from them for a few days now and even I have sent screenshots to them but still no reply.
If you guys were me, what would you do about this situation?
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: The slowest internet speed I ever got

Have a read of http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/07/02/broadband-speed-faults-how-to-diagnose/
Post back with your questions and we'll try to help.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Sixbomb
Grafter

Welcome to the club, Nicole.
I would recommend trying another router first - Plusnet/BT  will charge you £144 if they send an engineer out and the line is found to be in order. 
Also, be cautious in ringing Plusnet's overseas tech support - I waited 20 minutes to speak to someone who advised they couldn't help as they hadn't "...been trained"  Splendid stuff.
You couldn't make it up.
Sixbomb
Grafter

Oh, and, for what its worth, the Plusnet people on the forum are generally a helpful bunch.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Welcome to the Forum Nicole Smiley
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Mand
Grafter

Nicole,
Welcome to the forums. Smiley
Can you post the results of a BT Speedtest for us please?