cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The dreaded 172 IP range

scootie
Grafter

The dreaded 172 IP range

Just got stuck with the 172 range for the past hour.
I rang csc up and was questioned about my router model and informed my ip was 192 ect  Roll_eyes
Any way once i explained how BTw dish PN's ip's to cusomers  the cs agent passed it on to another dept and said i would be called back in 20 mins its been over half an hour since then and its just the past 5 mins its sorted its self.
it would dish out between 1 -5 on 172 range when i kepted trying to auth
8 REPLIES 8
Santiago
Grafter

Re: The dreaded 172 IP range

Quote from: ASBO
Any way once i explained how BTw dish PN's ip's to cusomers  the cs agent passed it on to another dept and said i would be called back in 20 mins its been over half an hour since then and its just the past 5 mins its sorted its self.

*Plusnet Customer Services*
CSC person # 1 "You ring the Dog back."
CSC person # 2 "I'm not ringing him back he'll start on about interleaving again, get CSCperson #3 to call the Dog back"
CSC Person # 3, "I am not Calling him, he will give me hard time about his ping times"
CSC person # 1, never mind, we won't bother calling back, he'll have a wobbler on forum. hahaha"
All ROFL
scootie
Grafter

Grin Grin
they still havent called back.
i feel like ive been stood up on a date.
plenty more fish in the uk  Tongue all thoe madafish is not on my dating circuit
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Did you get a call in the end ASBO DOG? If not then sorry about that. Am I correct in assuming you've not had a repeat of this? Either way, I'll raise it when I get into the office later on.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

scootie
Grafter

nah no call.
I have had no repeat today which is most likely due to me not tinkerking with WAN options on my router which needs a re auth to apply the settings. so no need for new ip
This problem could be hiding on alot of the 21cn connections because as said above i was tinkering with settings that needed to re auth if i hadnt done that i would of not needed to re auth and the 172 range would of been waiting to give me the address but only if i requested a new ip
that makes sense to my just awake head but most likely reads like a page of chinese
James
Grafter

I'm going to have Chinese when I get home Smiley
Seriously though, I sincerely hope it is a problem "hiding" on a number of 21CN connections as you've suggested, but I am glad thatyours is back up and running.
scootie
Grafter

there is another trialist that had the same issue and iam sure it was the 172. range.
i i rember is his post said he was posting from a pubs public wi fi why he couldnt conect
p.s all ready tried the search and cant find it.
but i know iam not the only one thats seen the 172. thank god  Smiley
thats why i rang csc as i thought it was maybe a  common ish to some degree problem on 21cn
James
Grafter

Yes - We've seen it a few times on modify orders.  when the order is due to be completed, it's resulted in that error occurring.
I haven't seen many instances of it happening without an order being placed.
jd678
Dabbler

I've seen this aswell... come to think of it I think it was when I asked for a forced 9db profile. Only did it for one afternoon but has been fine since.