cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Technicolor TG582n is actually only a 3 port router when using with Fibre?

Suarez
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

That's a shame if so, I have 4 devices wired up at the moment.
Sad
3 REPLIES 3
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: The Technicolor TG582n is actually only a 3 port router when using with Fibre?

That definitely is the case, as you might be aware one of the ports is used to connect to the fibre modem, sorry if that wasn't expected!
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: The Technicolor TG582n is actually only a 3 port router when using with Fibre?

You can get unmanaged Ethernet switches for not much more than £5 which overcomes that limitation. E.g. http://www.amazon.co.uk/TP-Link-Unmanaged-Desktop-TL-SF1005D-Plastic/dp/B000FNFSPY/ref=sr_1_5?s=comp...
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Suarez
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Thanks guys.
I am coming from BE so I have experience of the Technicolor TG582n .
I found it competent speed and signal wise when working, but also found it needed constant reboots as the connection would just freeze up, especially for wireless devices.
I switched to an ASUS N55-U and didn't have any more problems, this was a brilliant router - sadly this doesn't work with Fibre and I now have this for sale.
I will try out Plusnets Technicolor TG582n and see how it goes. If it's ok, I might get one of those switches, if not...I think I'll upgrade the entire router again.