Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Tale of the BT Engineer #3

MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

The Tale of the BT Engineer #3

This is getting really tiring now. To bring you up to speed:
13th July - Raised a fault as my fibre optic speed was down from 22-25mb to 2-3mb. Again. Faults team go to work.
31st July - Told that a BT enginner would need to come around to resolve the fault. I book in 5th August PM.
5th August - Waited in all afternoon and nobody turns up!
6th August - BT engineer decides to ring my bell at 8.20am as I'm in the shower getting ready for work. Greeted with a 'sorry me missed you' card. Left a message on this forum and received a phonecall from PN soon after to apologise and to rebook the appointment, which was made for 19th August.
14th August - Something comes up which means I wouldn't be in for the 19th August, so I immediately phone PN and tell them this. I change the date and I'm told the 19th August booking has been cancelled and re-arranged to the 26th.
19th August - BT engineer arrives just as I'm leaving to catch a train. I tell him that the appointment had been cancelled and rearranged for the 26th but he said he hadn't been told and that he had had to drive a long way to get to me. Left another message here, apologies and promises of investigations were given.
-
And so, now we come to the 26th. I wake up at 6.30am on my day off from work so I can be ready for 8am for the AM slot. At 8.30am I receive a phonecall from PN telling me that, guess what, the BT engineer visit has now been cancelled! Apparently it's now a network fault which is causing all my problems, and so the BT engineer didn't need to come after all!
Seriously!? Just... seriously!?
3 REPLIES 3
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: The Tale of the BT Engineer #3

This might be better placed and get more visibility (and response) in the Feedback section.  Wink
MykeUK
Grafter
Fixes: 1

I'll copy-paste it over there then. Thanks. 😃
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Topic locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131063.msg1142577.html#msg1142577
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine