Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks BT Openreach!

chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Thanks BT Openreach!

I've booked an engineer for this afternoon after 2pm. Let me know how you get on.
highside57

Chris,
Thank you for that, I will make sure I am home by 2pm and keep my fingers crossed Smiley
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@highside57
Did everything get sorted? From what I can see it did.
highside57

Chris,
I left it a day before replying just to check but the line has been rock solid.
BT engineer turned up promptly at 2pm.  BT employee not contractor.  He discovered that the line was still provisioned as standard ADSL despite my loss of connection on the morning concerned.  So he headed off to the green box and connected the fibre.  He returned and spent a very long time thoroughly checking the system before declaring himself satisfied.  He left about 4pm.  It is a shame that not all engineers are like this chap because I did not get the impression that he would treat any job differently, they would all be done properly. 
Thank you for your rapid response and help getting this sorted but please try and make sure BT investigate the original problem to stop it happening to other people.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'll certainly feed this back as it needs it!
Give us a shout if there's anything else.
ricako

Ok wtf is going on,
After the initial problems I have had a Fibre install date for today 18th since last week and all was looking fine, I have just logged in to check everything is fine and am now seeing this...
System User - Automated Script Pool
5:25pm, Thursday 17 Oct 2013
There's been a problem progressing your broadband order.
We'll get some more information on the problem and update this ticket with details as soon as we have them.
[internal note]
Order has been cancelled. Please check Install Diary and resubmit order once issue is resolved.
and..
Checking your line
We've found a potential problem on your telephone line.
We'll look into this and will be in contact with you shortly.
WTF!
Does that mean I am no longer expecting a visit from BT this morning? or just a glitch in the system?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, I can see one of our agents is chasing this with our suppliers now. I suspect we'll have an update on what's going on for you within the next hour.