cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible speed please update

RossH
Dabbler

Terrible speed please update

Hi could you please update my ticket #37362927 all details are on there as this speed is really unacceptable.
Thanks
Ross
14 REPLIES 14
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Terrible speed please update

Hi RossH,
I'll take a look at this now for you.
Jojo Smiley
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RossH,
I have now replied to your ticket.
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

Thanks for the reply added another comment I think my ip profile is now stuck because of all the previous disconnects I was having, I have about 3 people in my house all using the internet which usually runs pretty smoothly at about 2.5mbs all now connected with a 300kb speed you can imagine how frustrating that is please could you reset my ip profile and see if that improves the situation.
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RossH,
I've just ran a line test and your BT profile is now 3000, I' have matched the PN profile and you will see the increase if you reboot your router via the disconnect/reconnect option in your router interface.
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

Speed is back! Thankyou so much what was the actual problem PN wasn't matching the bt profile or? Once again THANKYOU!  Grin
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI RossH,
Yes, looks like that's the reason why. The PN profile will usually follow within 24 hours.
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

Unfortunately due to more disconnects the speed has now lowered again, we need to find out why I'm getting these disconnects asap.
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RossH,
Your SNR at the moment is 22dB so that'll be keeping your sync rate, and consequently, your profile down.  The disconnects don't look to be so many at the moment...

How is your kit set up? Are you on an extension cable/socket?
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

Hi yeah I'm on an extension socket, the master socket is downstairs in the kitchen at the other side of the house, how can I reduce the snr so that I can get the speeds I used to?
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi RossH,
Ok, well that's probably the reason for the high SNR. If you plug your router into the main socket, preferably the test socket I can run another line test and do a comparison (you don't  need your computer plugged in, just your router) remembering to disconnect via the router interface so as not to affect the DLM. Can you let me know when you can do this so I can do the test?
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

I've never had a problem in the last year and a half i've been with you though being on the extension socket, I've just changed the filters and here are the stats on the router at the moment:
ADSL Link Downstream Upstream
Connection Speed 3584 kbps 448 kbps
Line Attenuation 51.0 db 26.5 db
Noise Margin 12.0 db 16.0 db
Here is a speed test from your site
Today 17:50 251 kbps (31.4kB/s) 324 kbps (40.5kB/s)
Fingers crossed that it could of been the filters if not I'll try the master socket tomorrow, for now though could you match my pn profile with my ip profile.
Thanks
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI RossH,
Latest line test has 2656k sync and 17dB SNR the profile on both BT & PN are 2000.
Jojo Smiley
RossH
Dabbler

Hi thanks for the reply overnight it has disconnected and the snr has risen from 11.9 to 17 why would that happen?
I'm plugged into the test socket now like you asked so where do we go from here
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI RossH,
Your sync rate is now 3616k with SNR of 12dB which would give you a profile of 3000. I could try an SNR reset if the line stays stable there and that may lift it more.
Jojo Smiley