Temporary loss of connectivity.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Temporary loss of connectivity.

Anotherone,
So am I Wink
I do not think we would disagree that "Normal" VP congestion does not tend to show as pervasive packet loss as is seen by Mook's BQM.  I was thinking about the PlusNet's OWN exchange monitoring graphs (rather than the BT VP status) - see http://community.plus.net/exchange-information/ - though the graphs are not there at present.
Do they show a similar all day issue as per Mook's BQM across the users connected to that exchange?
If they exist and they are the same then we can "dismiss" this as VP congestion, if they do not then may be some other issue should be considered.  Though there is high packet loss, looking at the gaps where it is lower, there does not appear to be high latency - just does not feel right to me.  Huh
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

I don't think we should "dismiss" anything. The VP is congested but there may (or may not) be something else going on as well.
What I am finding odd is that the Minimum Latency plots seem to "flat-line" at around 40ms.
Would the type of traffic have any bearing on this?
I certainly agree with Kevin's fundamental thought, that this doesn't look just like straight forward VP congestion and warrants closer examination.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This really is starting to; let's just say annoy me, for the sake of being polite.
This is the live graph and as you can see it's getting worse.

ejs
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 25

If that level of packet loss accurately reflects the connection - surely that connection must be completely unusable?
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is, and totally defeats the purpose of my load balancing, and what makes it even worse is that I'm paying £34 pm for it!
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Daft question, perhaps, have you tried just "gracefully" disconnecting on that line, & left the modem off for say an hour or so and see what it's like when you connect again?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: Mook
It is, and totally defeats the purpose of my load balancing, and what makes it even worse is that I'm paying £34 pm for it!

Mook,
Indeed the offer was to move the bad link to the same one (blue) as the good line.  Would you know (can CRT advise) if there are three or more VPs on your exchange?  What are they like?  Are they better than the present really bad one?
CRT see also - http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,137901.msg1183617.html#new
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

There are 4 VPs on this exchange, 3 are AMBER, 1 is blue. So there isn't any other VP we can move Mook over to that isn't congested except for the 1 blue one.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.