cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temporary loss of connectivity.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Temporary loss of connectivity.

It's basing the acceptable performance on your IP profile.

That's my point. To me this range is far from acceptable, so when I or or any other User complains about it BT (or whoever) can cite these values as being acceptable when the line is clearly capable of more.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Forget the line quality or your sync rate as these are a different kettle of fish.
Suppose the line rate is currently 1Mbit, then the acceptable speed would be based on that, i.e. 0.4 Mbps-1 Mbps. When the ip profile increases, as it will, you'll see that the acceptable throughput changes again to something more appropriate for the current rate.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
LukeS
Grafter

Hi Mook,
When you said modems and filters did you mean router and filter?
I'm trying to work out what went wrong here, it sounds like you have multiple routers and or filters?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Morning LukeS,
No I meant what I said, a quick look at my signature would tell you why. 🙂
I run two ADSL lines each connected with a DrayTek Vigor 120 ADSL+ modem, both of which are connected to a TP Link TL-R480T+ Load Balancing Router.
Anonymous
Not applicable

This appears to be in tumbleweed mode, what is something I said?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

FAF  Grin
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

From your line stats it appears that you have Adsl Max premium lines and the BT IP profiles dropped severely after you changed the modem connections for some reason. You have now got your correct sync speeds back but although PlusNettony assumes that the profiles should increase quickly I guess this hasn't happened. The IP profile on 20CN connections can be slow to respond and has a tendency to get stuck. Plusnet support should be able to fix this quickly provided they understand the situation and don't start the reset the modem, change your filter nonsense! You may get a quicker response than on this thread. Sad
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have ADSL Max lines and a BTW speed check shows the following:
Line One:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.78 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.83 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

Line Two:
Download speedachieved during the test was - 6.79 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speeds is 1.2 Mbps-7.15 Mbps.
Additional Information:
Your DSL Connection Rate :8.13 Mbps(DOWN-STREAM), 0.83 Mbps(UP-STREAM)
IP Profile for your line is - 7.15 Mbps

Of course this is only relevant if the speed checker is actually smart enough to check the line associated with the phone number provided. Regardless of that I still don't have an explanation as to why my VoIP phone was dropping it's connection in the first place which is why I raised this.
I know for sure the VoIP server and its host are not to blame, implying that this was either connection (ADSL) or network issues. This happens to often for comfort, and does not look good when in the middle of a call. If I need to move to Business Accounts to get 'better' service and response then I will. But some from of explanation would be good.
RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

So your IP profiles have increased, that's good. As for your original problem I doubt that you will get any explanation, ADSL connections are not guaranteed 24/7 and network glitches occur. Interesting to see if PlusNet have a view on this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

To pay my bills I write commercial software, this software will contains bugs, so when a bug is reported and reproducible I fix it and provide an explanation as to what was wrong. I do this because I am of the opinion that it makes for a much better relationship between me and the consumer. This then adds to the consumers confidence in the product (and ultimately me) that should an issue be found it will be fixed.
I do understand that not all bugs are reproducible and as a consequence cannot be fixed, but in the context of this post I am not the only person on these fora to raise the issue of intermittent drop out. I happened to notice my drop outs because my phone's interface drew my attention to it.
However, I suspect you may well be right in the fact that I probably won't get an explanation from PN, time will tell I guess.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

It's very difficult to diagnose why the VOIP is dropping. As RealAleMadrid says, ADSL doesn't have a guaranteed uptime. Saying that though, you have had a very healthy connection of late. We can do a BT radius log checks which will show all initialisations (just in case our RADIUS has missed any), but I need to do an intrusive test to do this - which will kick you off.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tony,
I've no objections to your test provided that you can give me notice. I assume this will be done tomorrow so whenever suits you an update to this thread will get an email to me.
If you're intention is to do it tonight then go ahead, regardless of any activity on the lines.
Anonymous
Not applicable

It won't be tomorrow, as 'plusnettony' gave this reply in another topic -
Quote from: plusnettony
... I've been told to check back for an update tomorrow.
I'm not in the office, but I'm sure a colleague will get this picked up for you.

Roll_eyes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough, so I wonder then if this test has been done or is still outstanding?
A look at my router tells me the connections have been up for 2 days+ so I assume from that the answer is no based on the 'kick me off' comment.
Whoever is going to do this test will you either call me or give me at least 15 minutes notice, to allow my mail client time to pick up the 'Topic Reply' message please.
The VoIP connection has just been dropped and reconnected. @ 08:42