cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone call

Shirls16

Telephone call

My very elderly parents have just had a call off the number 07733601229 stating that their internet is going to be turned off.

I have tried to contact Plusnet but unfortunately I am unable to due to the situation that is happening at the moment.

My parent are now very worried and concerned as they cannot get out due to the lock down.

Please can someone advise if this call is a concern or not.

5 REPLIES 5
RJM
Rising Star

Re: Telephone call

The mobile number you quote is from the Vodafone network.

I would imagine it is a fake call.

Hopefully one of "staff" will reply to you here shortly if you are unable to contact Plusnet directly to verify.

jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

@Shirls16 

Whilst waiting for a Plusnet staff member to pick this up and reassure you, have you checked to see if there are any relevant Service Notices on the account which would lead you to believe that the phone call was in any way genuine. Plusnet will not be contacting you on a mobile number.

Shirls16

Yes I have and I cannot see any notices - the call was on my parents landline off a mobile phone number.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Just to reinforce what others have said - this is a scam call which has been doing the rounds for months. Plusnet (or any ISP for that matter) would not call from a mobile, and I bet the call was a voice-activated recording?

John
tinytaco
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 29

@Shirls16 Hi there Smiley We wouldn't call our customers about a service issue, we would communicate via email or letter. This is a known scam caller, if you're still concern about this feel free to contact us privately with their account username so we can check if they have Plusnet Call Protect.

Noor
 Plusnet Help Team