cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour router

JamesM
Grafter

Technicolour router

My Mum has a Technicolour router supplied by PN and due to the heat I have it leant up at 45 degrees against the desk leg. My Mum must have knocked it with her foot as when I looked the other day it was sat flat on the carpet. When I picked up the router it had been sat on top of the ADSL lead. The heat from the router had actually melted the plastic coating on the ADLS lead onto the bottom of the router.
I just wanted to mention this to warn people of the fire hazard this router could be.
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Technicolour router

Hi JamesM,
Really sorry to hear about that. If possible we'd like to get that back here for investigation (of course we'll make sure it's replaced as well) so would you mind PMing me your mum's username so we can get that arranged please?
Tensulp
Grafter

Re: Technicolour router

I used to get through a router every 6 to 9 months due to heat from the router before I bought a vertical router which has been running perfectly for over 2 years. I don't know if you are using all the Lan ports and if that has any effect on the amount of heat generated, I have always used all 4 Lan ports in my router.