cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour router - wi-fi to garden office

Matina

Technicolour router - wi-fi to garden office

I've been recommended to use a Devolo dLAN 500 Wi-Fi Adapter to enable me to get wi-fi to my home office.  Can anyone advise if they have tried this with the PlusNet Technicolour router and if it would work please?
2 REPLIES 2
picbits
Rising Star

Re: Technicolour router - wi-fi to garden office

It should work fine with the Technicolour router - it is a powerline adapter so just shoves the data through your wiring instead of wirelessly the recipient units then convert it to a wireless signal. All the Technicolor router has to do is hook up to the master adapter via a CAT5 cable so there should be no incompatibilities there.
Whether it will work between your house and garden office effectively is another matter - the only way would be to try it. It *should* work though.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Technicolour router - wi-fi to garden office

Matina,
Welcome to the forums.
I use a Devolo dLAN 200 master - WiFI slave pair and they do work very well and unlike some powerline devices, I have not discerned any impact on the ADSL signal.
The only requirement is that the electric supply to the garden office is of good quality and connected to the same fuse box as the other end.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.