cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolour TG852n

lamboro

Technicolour TG852n

Hi.
Please can someone let me know if the Technicolour TG852n router can be used for broadband ADSL (not fibre). If so, are there any changes that I need to make?Huh
Many Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Technicolour TG852n

you need to reflash the firmware
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

I have an ex-FTTC 582n which works on ADSL just by changing the WAN settings.
cedlor
Grafter

Was this a PLUSNET  582N issued to you, if second hand it may be tied to another ISP .or may be linked to another plusnet account.
What firmware does it have on it now?
lamboro

Hi.
Thanks for the responses.
it is Plusnet issued, but it was for my own fibre broadband. I have set up broadband ADSL for my mother and thought I could use the 852n for that. So maybe it has already been linked with my fibre account. Don't know what firmware it has as not used for about a year, but was used when my fibre was set up. I now use a HH3, am going to try that as should work with ADSL, will probably get a HH4 of ebay.
Thanks.
aesmith
Pro

That's similar to mine.  My 582N was supplied for another customer's Plusnet FTTC connection, but unused since they have their own equipment.  The router GUI says Plusnet and FTTC.  All I had to do to get it working on my home ADSL was to change the WAN mode and put my own credentials in.
cedlor
Grafter

Yes its worth trying - the setup info is here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtml

The password would have to be your mothers.
If it works ok great , at that point you could flash it with the proper adsl firmware or ask Plusnet to "push" it onto the router.

EDIT inserted in quotes it seems to work Crazy
lamboro

Quote from: Oldjim
you need to reflash the firmware

How do I do this??  Undecided Sorry for being a novice ha ha.
Quote from: cedlor
Yes its worth trying - the setup info is here:
http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/broadband-connection-settings.shtm
The password would have to be your mothers.
If it works ok great , at that point you could flash it with the proper adsl firmware or ask Plusnet to "push" it onto the router.

Hi. this link isn't working?Huh
Many Thanks.
aesmith
Pro

Plusnet's guides for the 582N are here http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/hardware/index.shtml?supporta=setupguides but I think that probably won't cover converting an FTTC router to ADSL.  I found it pretty self explanatory on the user interface when I did ours, and I didn't change the firmware.  The only jiggery pokery was getting the fourth Ethernet to work.